PDA

View Full Version : New tank is on order!

npaden
05/08/2001, 07:09 PM
Just wanted to let everyone know that my new tank is on order and should be coming in late May or early June!
Final dimensions ended up being 122"X28"X28" or 414 gallons. I also am ordering a sump from the same place that will end up being 72"X22"X20 or 137 gallons. So 551 gallons on the combined system, that's going to take a lot of salt! ;)
I've ordered a lot of options on the tank and it is still ending up very reasonably priced even with shipping compared to other custom tanks that I've seen, hopefully it will be fairly nice! I've ordered machine polished edges as some other people who have received tanks from this company have complained about the edges being a little rough.
If anyone wants to help with the set up of this thing let me know 'cause I could use all the help I can get. I'm hoping for 6 to 8 people to help get it moved into the house! Empty weight is estimated at just over 1,000lbs.
It has been exciting planning out all the details and hopefully it will end up being a nice tank. I have 2 - Ampmaster 3000 pumps ordered and they put out 3,000gph each at 5' head so I should have plenty of water movement! I'm debating on whether I need 3 or 4 sea swirls and already have a new skimmer and plan on adding a second calcium reactor and 2 more 400W Iwasaki MH's to the lighting I already have on my 120 and move most everything from the 120 to the new tank.
I'll have to break down the 120 and move it into another room as it is sitting in the spot the new tank is going so that won't be any fun, but hopefull everything will go okay.
Oh well, hope everything is going well for everyone. Looking forward to seeing everyone in a couple weeks. See you May 20th.
Nathan