PDA

View Full Version : Help getting a foxface to feed

fishermania
08/08/2003, 08:59 AM
Having trouble getting a foxface Lo to eat. Have had it about a week. There has been some aggression from the yellow tang, but it is not constant. There is plently of algae in the tank, and also place nori on clips. I feed flakes every day, and meaty foods a couple time a week. eg brine and silversides.

Thanks for the help

ccloveraz
08/09/2003, 12:31 AM
i would just keep feeding like normal, it could be a cynanide fish, if so it may eat a small amt. and just die after a few weeks, i would say that brine is your best bet though, that is what i use for all of hard to feed fishes.

MiddletonMark
08/09/2003, 05:26 AM
What did they feed it at the LFS?

You did watch it eat, before buying? If not, let this one be the lesson. Since I started asking them to feed them before I buy - I've never been denied.

Might not keep eating the same, but it's on of the few protections we have to guard against buying cyanide fish.

And brine is probably most recognized as food by my fish. Otherwise find somewhere [or hatch yourself] some baby brine shrimp [live]. Then maybe soak live food in selcon or garlic ... then mix both frozen and live with selcon/garlic ... slowly get the fish to recognize what you feed most as `food'.

fishermania
08/09/2003, 10:10 AM
I live in the middle of nowhere, and its very hard to get fish I want from the LFS. So I mostly mail order. If the LFS doesn't get any live brine this week I will probable hatch some out myself.