PDA

View Full Version : Any PETA Apologists Here?

Joez
05/04/2001, 08:40 PM
I gotta know; is that group a running gag or do the degenerates really want to be taken seriously?

Now they're after the Boy Scouts for giving merit badges for fishing.

God Bless the Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts and their leaders! They should be held in high esteem like they used to be instead of being subjected to the condemnation of opportunists and freaks.

Anybody out there want to explain or defend PETA? What am I missing?

Dave
05/04/2001, 08:55 PM
Go get them Joez

Kahuna Tuna
05/04/2001, 08:55 PM
I belong to the Big Bear chapter of P.E.T.A. (People eating tasty animals). Seriously, like most activist groups they start with noble intentions and end up going full bore wacko. I guess P.E.T.A. couldn't resist going after the boy scouts, might as well join all the other lefty groups in the dogpile.

billsreef
05/04/2001, 09:36 PM
Maybe we should take some PETA members out shark fishing...always need some good bait :D

Q-ball
05/05/2001, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by billsreef
Maybe we should take some PETA members out shark fishing...always need some good bait :D

Bill, not to flame you or anything, but for crying out loud wake up! Do you honestly think any self-respecting shark would eat a PETA member? Sheesh man, think about it!:D:D:D

Q!!!

Laura D
05/05/2001, 07:47 PM
What I really don't like about PETA is that they turn the public against vegetarians and the idea that animals should be treated fairly.

I am what people would consider an "animal rights environmental wacko" and I am totally embarrased that people ever assume that I agree with peta.
Why are they protesting the boy scouts and sport fishermen when they could be turning all of that energy towards things that could really help animals AND humans, like improving farming conditions so the animals won't suffer so much AND people wont keep coming down with freaky diseases like mad cow and such.

All PETA does is make the rest of us who care about animal welfare look like freaks! PETA sucks-they hurt the animal rights movement,You heard it from a long time vegetarian!

Mulberry

gregt
05/05/2001, 08:06 PM
mulberry,

I agree with you completely. While it's true that the animal rights movement has difficulty getting noticed, unfortunately, they (PETA) seem to think that any press is good press.

tangirl
05/05/2001, 09:32 PM
I agree with Mulberry and the rest of you as well. Many groups just go too far and end up losing all credibility.

Cool pic/sig gregt:)

horge
05/06/2001, 06:15 PM
Joez posted:
"Any PETA Apologists Here?"

Okay.

(takes a deep breath)

"...On behalf of PETA, I would sincerely like to apologize for everything they are and do. Sorry, ...really. Please, please forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who have sinned against us. We be beggin' ya!"

;)

Joez
05/06/2001, 07:12 PM
Hi Horge!

horge
05/06/2001, 08:32 PM
:)

Autumn
05/07/2001, 03:40 PM
While I'm another one of those bleeding-heart people who thinks that animals ought to be respected as living things and treated as well as possible, I'm not a vegan (As I've said to a few of my veggie co-workers over lunch "The chicken's destiny in this life was to be a food animal. Mine is to eat him.") and I have no patience at all with PETA.

They lost me when one of their organizers back at the University of North Carolina informed me, in all seriousness, that one of their ultimate goals was to end "all forms of animal bondage"... which, from their point of view, apparently includes doing away with companion animals of any kind.

That's right folks. To PETA, it's immoral and cruel to have a dog, a cat, or a goldfish as a pet no matter how well you treat it, or how much a member of the family it may be.

katspaw
05/07/2001, 04:15 PM
I, too am a animal lover and I have worked for an organazation in the past. I got out everyday and went to un goddly like places and fed and trapped cats. When we would trap an animal, it would be taken to the vet and depending on it's age we would pay for it's shot and have it fixed. then the animal went to a foster house to be tamed. Once it was tame it would then be adopted out under certain restrictions, If at anytime the cat could no longer be cared for, it was to be returned back to the foster home. I use to take my dogs Kelsey and Dakaota with me. One day, down by the river, Dakota jumped in the river as Kelsey barked at it's edge. As I got to the river bank Dakota was on his way back. He had a sack in his mouth. I opened the bag to find five kittens, their eyes not even open yet in the sack. I gathered the dogs and drove straight to the vets. I was informed that only one of the kittens was alive and that it didn't look good. I was advised to put the poor thing out of it's misery. I told the vet to give me the kitten and what ever med's it would need. My Cat, Abby because she is a tabby, will turn 11 this December. She has funny little trates about her, like she lays down like a rabbit, and she sucks on my ear when she wants me to get up. I love my cat, and I loved the work I did way back when I wasn't a "working" mom. I still help the little organization that I worked for when I can. It's this kind of people that need to be supported, Not the people of PETA.

Tracey