PDA

View Full Version : Upgrading to Larger Tank,Need Advice on how to do this best way.

Lrac1964
08/03/2003, 11:14 AM
I have a 55 gallon reef and my dad has a 72 reef.. We just scored a sweet deal on a 150 gallon so we got that.. We need the best advice on change all our stuff over.. We are planning to either Buy cycled water and then maybe get alot of sand from him too. Is Silica sand ok to use. what if i use that as the bottom level for the sand bed then i put the live sand and aragonite on top? we wanna 6-7 inch sand bed. does anyone know how many lbs of sand this will be.. The dimesions on the tank are i believe L=5'6'' W=2'6'' H=2'6''. If not its cool. We dont have any spare tanks to leave the coral in soo i told my dad we need to do get the sand and rock in first with all the water to fill the tank and get it cleaned with the filter's and sumps, then we can start adding the corals, What about the fish? We have a Yellow Tang thats the one im worried about the most . I have 2 Black and white clowns and my dad has 3 Percs. Im trying to thing of the ebst way to introduce those 2 types the best.. i was just thinking if u introduced with each other maybe they know they are in there and then they go there seperate ways or i may have to just introduce them to the opposite side. and some other small guys.. i have a Kole Tang too forgot to type him in with the yellow. But thats basically its.. except there are more fish little guys though.. We got Skimmers and all that stuff.. so the filtration should be good. Then our lighting will be 2 175 watt 12k untill he gets the 10ks for them then he has the 4 Vho lights.. what would the best pattern of lights be. i was thinking 2 10 ks for the halides and 2 Actinic and 2 10 k for vho.maybe 3 actinics. Ok thanks. Danny