PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in fish for a pond?

JustDavidP
08/01/2003, 12:38 PM
I have a koi pond that is becoming overcrowded. The comet and shebunkin goldfish breed constantly. I've given away lots of fish but have run out of "foster parents". Rather than deal with this every year, I've decided to keep just my koi and give up the others.

Do you have a pond or a large FW tank? Do you want some fish? I've got the breeding pair of comets and a shebunkin up for adoption.

Lemme know.

David

Scuba_Dave
08/01/2003, 12:40 PM
I won't be in a new house until late fall probably - no room until then

yaktop
08/01/2003, 09:12 PM
I have a fairly large pond for a home for them. what do you want for them?

Heavydc2
08/01/2003, 09:39 PM
well I have a HUGE pond that is not a koi pond but we were thinking of stocking it. I do not knwo much about koi so I may not me the best person for them, but lets just say it could take as many as you want to give. 10 ft deep and 80 ft long lol...

gumhead
08/01/2003, 09:50 PM
my neighbor has a swimming pool :D

Spudds
08/01/2003, 10:01 PM
... and I have a bathtub.

Spudds.

AbbeyRoad
08/01/2003, 11:35 PM
i have a decent size water garden. in it now i have two blue shebunkins. I have room for another pair- either type. how big are they? mine are quite large.
thanks,
abbey

JustDavidP
08/02/2003, 03:57 PM
Wow..

Looks like the fish have options in where they live :) I don't want anything for them. Just give em a good home.

The pair of derasa comets are at least 5 inches long maybe 6. The single shebunkin is about 4 inches long. I also have two of the baby derasas left. They are about 2 inches long.

Yaktop, I noticed you are from pretty far south. It's a heck of a ride to Marlboro for some goldfish, but it is up to you. You chimed in first, so if you want them they are yours.

PM me if you want them. If not, then they are Heavydc's..and if not, Abbeys :) and so on...and so on.

David

yaktop
08/02/2003, 06:21 PM
what I was thinking was I go to Westboro every now and again, but wont be again until 8/20th it got pushed back. So heavy can swim amongst them. thx.

Heavydc2
08/02/2003, 09:38 PM
I will take any you can not get rid of but I am not going to get much enjoyment out of them they will be in a HUGE pond that si on my property, If others can get enjoyment out fo them pleaste let them have first dibs, I Will take the leftovers.