PDA

View Full Version : calcium reactor output regulation

dmirza
07/30/2003, 05:21 PM
Hi,

I bought a DIY calcium reactor and it doesn't have anything to regulate the output of the reactor. What do you guys use?

I have heard about using a ball gate valve on the input, but I can't find an all plastic valve. Are there any other ideas out there?

Thansk

AnthonySkv
07/30/2003, 05:25 PM
I use John Guess in line ball valves. They come in a variety of sizes. Work well under pressure, are all plastic. I have Korallin reactor and the valves that came with the reactor could not handle very much pressure and therefore my effluent output was inconsistent. With these fittings no problem.

Good Luck

Anthony

Teo
07/30/2003, 05:39 PM
I have had good results in keeping a steady output with out tweeking every few days by using one of these...
http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=USPlastic&category%5Fname=Tubing+Accessories&product%5Fid=Keck+Registered+Ramp+Tubing+Clamp

I put it on the output part of the reactor as opposed to the input.
Most people recomend doing this. It preasurizes the reactor somewhat and I don't know if that has a benifit or not. The problem most people have with needle valves is that they clog slowing the drip rate and have to re-adjust evrey couple days.
I haven't tried this part on the input, it may work as well that way.

The biggest one (red...prt#16007) will only work on upto 3/8" tubing... I tried it with 1/2 and the tubing was just a little too big.

good luck

Teo
07/30/2003, 05:42 PM
ok, that link only takes you to the home page...you'll have to do a part # search (16007) to find it or go to tubing/asscesories/tube clamps...

MrClean
07/30/2003, 05:50 PM
I don't believe in regulating the output of calcium reactors. They should have the right to self-regulate.

KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF IT!!

Sorry. It seemed funny to me.