PDA

View Full Version : LFS Florence South Carolina

rreed
07/29/2003, 05:11 PM
Hi all, I'm heading to Florence South Carolina this weekend. Does anyone know of any lfs's in the area?

reefrider
07/29/2003, 06:14 PM
their is this one pet store but i forget the name of it in florence. he sells just fish both saltwater and freshwater. this guy is nuts!!! he hates reef tanks. he thinks the only saltwater fish tank should have bleached coral in it. he also believes live rock is the worst thing for tanks. he then proceeded to tell me that adding buffer and ph/alk raisers were wrong and not needed. that was about a year ago when i went in there. i just laughed and walked out. i have looked there before for corals but didnt have any luck. i usually drive down to tidelines in charleston. they have beautiful pieces of coral. super friendly people also. i hope this helps.

Scotsman
07/29/2003, 11:22 PM
You could try Pet Lovers Warehouse on Irby St. They don't have much but way more than any others in Florence. They do have a guy named Greg who runs the fish section and he is really cool and loves his job. You might want to drive the 1 hour to Columbia and visit Darren from Palmetto reefs or go to Fins. If you are in town on Friday or Monday and want to meet just pm me and I will show you around.

Scotsman
07/29/2003, 11:44 PM
Hey reefrider that crazy guy is still there and still full of ***t . I was forced to go in there one day to get a bag of IO salt. He charged me $20 for 50g and I told him I could get 200g for $38 he went off on me saying the internet was an evil media and my salt would be of lesser quality. He claimed that he hand picks all his bags of salt and they are fresh!!!! He tells everyone that you can't keep inverts with fish that they will poison each other as will corals which he claims cannot be kept alive.

YES HE IS NUTS