PDA

View Full Version : Want to Live with a Reef?

matt-davis sq.
07/29/2003, 11:06 AM
We have a single vacancy in our 5-person house.

I realize this is off topic, but I can try and relate it to reef keeping by the fact that any prospective roommate would get to live in the same house with my 55-gallon tank.

We range in age from 24 to 28, with the three of the four remaining housemates being 27-28. There are three men and one woman staying.

The preference is for an unmarried female, as per the request of the remaining female housemate. The person leaving is a woman, so the preference is to replace them with a woman.

I will attach the requisition as text below, wrotten by my female housemate,

Matt:cool:

"Want to Live in the "Hippest" place ever?"

That's right! Lovely, eclectic Davis Square is one of the top 10 "hippest" places to live nationwide. According to some magazine, which I'm sure it really reputable.

If you want to be a hipster, come live with us in our beautiful, spacious 5-bedroom apartment right in the heart of Davis Square. Four of us are staying from last year, and we need a fifth to come and join us come September 1. Because we already live here, you are welcome to start moving things in early. The bedroom is $600 a month, plus utilities. Utilities aren't that expensive divided amongst 5 people. For example, our RCN bill, which includes cable, local phone service, AND high speed cable modem and router comes out to about $22/month per person.

We are the top two floors of a house. The room is on the second floor and you would be sharing a bathroom with just one other person (who is neat). The other three of us live on the third floor and share another bathroom. We also have a living room, dining room, kitchen, 2 full-size refrigerators, free washer and dryer in the basement, foosball table, air hockey table, dart board, large TV with amenities, a 7-foot tall suit of armor, front porch, back porch, 2-car driveway, 2-car garage (which we mainly use for storage) and a backyard with a gas BBQ grill. Did I mention my roommate planted flowers and vegetables in the backyard, including some giant pumpkins which we can enter in 4-H competitions come October, or just smash on hapless victims?

The best part is you get to live with me! And my three very cool roommates. We are all ages 24-28, like to do stuff together occasionally, and half of us are named Matt. If you are interested in coming to take a visit (no obligation afterwards), please email me or give me a call at 617-***-****. Please forward this to anyone you know who might be looking for a place to live.

The hippest hipster around,
J***

Brimarbio
07/29/2003, 11:12 AM
Hey Matt, what's Davis Sq near? (it's on the green line right)

joefitz
07/29/2003, 11:19 AM
Last stop before Alewife...it is a fantastic little community not very far from Porter Square in Cambridge. Tons of restaurants, bars, and other hotspots. Close to Tufts, which has a great track, tennis courts... A great old/cheap movie theatre, a candlepin bowling alley, and several of the better breakfast joints in the metro area.

I miss it.

karl wagner
07/29/2003, 01:10 PM
Not to mention that it's a stone's throw from a homebrewing supply store on Mass Ave.

Kevk
07/29/2003, 06:48 PM
Don't forget to mention the best BBQ and beer in the area in redbones. Good blues at Johnny D's and a neat old book store. Kind of lefty, not as bad as Harvard square, but lots to do.

jimmyj7090
07/29/2003, 10:42 PM
Got room for another 175 gallons of tanks? how strong is your floor?

just kidding, good luck with the new roomate.
jk

yoink326
07/29/2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by matt-davis sq.

The preference is for an unmarried female, as per the request of the remaining female housemate.

Yeah right!!!! ;)

jimmyj7090
07/29/2003, 11:17 PM
yea, sounds like the guys suggested that roomate.

Keith Sheridan
07/30/2003, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by Brimarbio
Hey Matt, what's Davis Sq near?
ME!