PDA

View Full Version : How do you edit BRS member profile??

Bgywrinkle
07/28/2003, 09:50 AM
I would like to edit my BRS membership profile to include my Reef Central name. I can't find a place on the BRS sight to do this. Can someone point me in the right direction??

TIA

regards,
Don

Reef-lite
07/28/2003, 10:03 AM
On the BRS homepage, there is a small link to MyBRS on the top left corner. It's kind of hard to see b/c it's light blue on a dark blue background.

1) Click on the MyBRS link
2) Make sure you see your name in the top right corner. If you don't see your name, you need to log-in.
3) Click on the 'edit' button in the "My Info" section.
4) A new page will come up with your contact info. Change whatever you have to and click on the 'Submit' button at the bottom of the page.
5) You should receive a message that your information has been updated. To check that it has, you need to log-out (there is a log-out button at the top of the page), and log back in using your new e-mail address (comcast.net for you attbi users). Once you log back in, go back to the MrBRS screen and confirm that the new information is displayed.

Caution: At times you'll get some really weird warning messages. If you do, try again later. If it still doesn't work, contact us at info at bostonreefers dot org.

Bgywrinkle
07/28/2003, 08:20 PM
Thanks for the response. I found it just where you said it would be. Oh well it sure is funny how we look right past things -- Can I claim it was a SENIOR MOMENT.:o :o :o

I even made the changes

Thanks again,
Don

Reef-lite
07/28/2003, 08:50 PM
I just noticed that step five is a carryover form another post I made for attbi users. This is a more appropriate wording for the general user:

5) You should receive a message that your information has been updated. To check that it has, you need to log-out (there is a log-out button at the top of the page), and log back in (using your new e-mail address if that is what you had changed). Once you log back in, go back to the MrBRS screen and confirm that the new information is displayed.