PDA

View Full Version : Emeral Crabs

jbundas
07/27/2003, 07:57 PM
Anyone have any Emeral Crabs they are interested in getting rid of or sending to a vacation home for a while? I'm thinking it's about time to launch an offensive on this bubble algae of mine.

- Jason

Ken2001
07/27/2003, 09:09 PM
Good luck. I've had almost a dozen of em in my tanks over the last few years and haven't seen a one eat the Valonia. They pick at the rock for hours, but never the bubble stuff. I think it's kind of hit or miss with these guys.

Ken

Keith Sheridan
07/27/2003, 09:19 PM
I actually have a couple and they haven't touched the stuff. I am actually thinking of getting some more to see if the others will eat it, as I have heard it is hit or miss. Sounds like it could be another pooled order.

Tahoe Ocean
07/27/2003, 09:28 PM
I have 2 emeralds who eat bubble algae with gusto! I actually have only one in my tank right now, the other is on loan to my brother until his tank is bubble algae free. I should have him back in a couple weeks. I think if you can't find any at the stores, find someone near you willing to loan you a couple.

Heavydc2
07/28/2003, 05:32 AM
I have a couple in my tank and my bubble algea problem is almost gone, granted I did pull a lot of it out myself, but I think they are also working it a bit too.

jbundas
07/28/2003, 08:19 AM
I try to suck out what I can when doing water changes but it's impossible to get it all. That what I'm hoping to find some helpers to do - maybe finish off what's left over time.