PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't find superglu gel

SuzLucky
07/27/2003, 05:17 PM
:( I could only find superglu, will this work to attache the frags that need to go on rubble? No one has superglu gel. Are all "superglues created equal? There was a Locktight gel but I wasn't sure if it was ok to use. Please let me know ASAP.

fahz
07/27/2003, 05:33 PM
loctite's gel is the one you want it sets up when you put it in the water but you can still work with it. The regular doesn't work at all. If you have a Walmart they stock tons on it. Well maybe not tons.

Fahz

SuzLucky
07/27/2003, 05:40 PM
Thanks! Luckily the store is a short distance from the house. I will go take this one back and get the other one.

SuzLucky
07/27/2003, 06:06 PM
got it

fahz
07/27/2003, 09:36 PM
When your'e supergluing somethings will stick other need to sit on the sand or rubble for a few days to get some of the sand on their foot. Mushrooms are a prime example they can slime and let go but once they get sand on their foot the superglue stick the sand or rubble to the rock. The other day I had a piece of Anthelia which I superglued bare polyp to rock and it worked great but Anthelia doesn't slime. Thought you might find this article of help.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2002-10/ac/feature/index.htm

Fahz