PDA

View Full Version : I have to relocate for 3 weeks! Any helpful suggestions?

Soccer
07/27/2003, 10:14 AM
Hello all,

It seems I have to relocate for 3 weeks come Wendsday while our house is being built:(. We have a house to stay in for the 3 weeks, that belongs to friends that we are going to rent out. The only thing is we can't move into this house untill Thursday. We are gonna be staying that night at grandma's. So that means all the tank stuff is gonna be out of the tank for 24 hrs or so. For a bit of tank info, it is a 30g tank, with a 3-4g above tank fuge. It has 100 lbs LS, and about 20lbs LR. The list of animals in the tank is, 1 false percula clown, 1 montipora digitata, 1 montipora capricornis, 1 torch coral, 1 colony of zoos, some shrooms and then clean up critters. What I am thinking of doing is siphoning all the water out into a rubbermaid, then place all the rock and corals and the clownfish in their. I will put in a heater, a powerhead and an airstone. Then for the fuge I will do the exact same as with the tank Livestock. As for the tank it is still filled with 100 lbs of sand. I am gonna pour a bit of the tank water, just enough to cover the sand bed. Then I am just gonna leave the tank with the sand in the car for the night, hoping the LS will stay alive. Then after that night at grandma's I will arrive at our friends house and set it all up.

Does this plan seem resonible? If there is any changes needed please tell me. All I want is the animals to stay healthy. Help is very very, much appreciated!!!

Thanx ;)

Flameangel
07/27/2003, 11:34 AM
I think it sounds reasonable. This is always so hard. I have not moved from one house to another but I have moved within my house several times. The only thing I wonder about is how cold will it get at night in the car? If you think it will get below 65. I take some water with you. Refill the tank a lttle. Add a heater and a power head for the overnight stay. When I was moving things around a couple of weeks ago. I left my 3 with its DBS overnight without a heater, however, it stayed about 73 overnight in the house.

The only other thing I would do is prepare for the worst. Hope and try for 100% surivial but do not beat yourself up too much if it does not happen. In my grand convertion a few weeks ago, I ended up losing one neon goby - was in a rock that I left out of the water for 30 mnutes. (I of course did not know it was there!) I also bleached two large acro colonies. All of my montiporas made it.

Good luck,
Connie

Good luck!