PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good store to visit this weekend!

Ace
07/23/2003, 04:09 PM
Hi All,

I have some free time this Saturday and I want to visit a pet store worthy of taking some of my hard earned cash. Trying to buy a fish or corals or even supplies in my area is tough task. I'm in the Boston area but I will travel a bit if it's worth it.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

Ace

Keith Sheridan
07/23/2003, 04:11 PM
Although I have never been there I bet that the first three posts will mention the heralded CRA - Coral Reef Aquarium in Seekonk, MA

I like AquaAddicts in NH also though.

RobboT
07/23/2003, 04:17 PM
Hey Ace good to see you here in the BRS Forum! Try Living Sea in Stoneham and Skiptons in South Boston. I would also highly recommend Aqua Addicts in Salem. Excellent selection of livestock and very knowledgeable easily approachable staff.

Ace
07/23/2003, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Keith Sheridan
Although I have never been there I bet that the first three posts will mention the heralded CRA - Coral Reef Aquarium in Seekonk, MA

I like AquaAddicts in NH also though.

Thanks for the info. Checked out both of their sites and they look like really nice stores.

Thanks RobboT. I might go to AquaAddicts in NH. I feel like taking a cruise. :cool:

Ace

tstone
07/23/2003, 08:14 PM
Aquaaddicts is the place. The other would be CRA in seekonk

Ace
07/24/2003, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by tstone
Aquaaddicts is the place. The other would be CRA in seekonk

Aquaaddicts it is. I am heading there early Saturday morning. Not that bad of a ride from Boston. Seekonk is a little more than I want to drive. It does look like a very nice store, though.

Ace

tstone
07/24/2003, 05:53 AM
Ace
CRA is a hike. I live about 1 1/2 hr from there myself and don't get down there much but everytime I go it has been well worth the trip. Jeremy is a great guy and he always has something differant or unusual.

Aquaadicts is equally as good and Mike is also a great guy. So you will be happy no matter which direction you go.

howman
07/24/2003, 08:41 AM
ace

you may want to describe what you are looking for

CRA is a full reef store
aquaaddicts only has livestock (mike is a purist)

just thought you should have the info

howard

Ace
07/24/2003, 08:44 AM
Well, I am mostly looking for livestock now. I would like to go to CRA to check them out, though.

Thanks for the info.

*Edit: Does Aquaadicts typically have a lot of livestock? Should I call first to see how well they're stocked?

Thanks!

Ace

Ace
07/27/2003, 12:58 PM
Well I went to Aquaadicts today and I really liked the store. It was a little light on the livestock today but it looks like a place I will keep visiting even though it's 30 plus miles away.

It's nice to see a place that's clean and the livestock does not look like death. It's also nice to have someone friendly working behind the counter. I'm looking forward to going back.

I also picked up a nice Finger Leather.

Ace

Caren
07/28/2003, 08:44 AM
Does anyone have an address or phone number for AquaAddicts in NH.

Thanks

LHHFMF
07/28/2003, 08:51 AM
Aqua Addicts (http://www.aquaaddicts.com)

52 Lowell Road Salem, NH 03079

603-890-0011