PDA

View Full Version : Serpent Star

liv4speed1
07/22/2003, 02:26 PM
How do y'all feed them? Do you grab him, and put him in a small container, then place food in there? Mine is always stuck in the rock work to the point where I have to tear it all down to grab him out, otherwise I cant float any food in there to wards him.

I'm just curious, as I'd like to start making sure this guy is being fed. Thanks

laxing22
07/22/2003, 02:30 PM
They are scavengers and will find their own food. If you are really worried, place a siver side as close as you can to it - they have very good sence of smell. DO NOT TOUCH HIM, they do not like that.

Flipper1
I've never fed mine. Just part of the cleanup crew.

liv4speed1
Cool! Thanks....I was working around in the tank one day and he started to crawl up my arm. Thought that was kind of cool :D

Thanks for the info

Flameangel
07/22/2003, 02:48 PM
I have had one for over 6 years. I agree it is part of the cleanup crew. I have never fed it on purpose. It always is trying to steal the food from the rose anemones. If you are feeding the other animals in your tank, it too will find food.

Connie

fick
07/22/2003, 03:56 PM
ive had one for a few weeks now, part of a new cleaning crew for a new tank. about a week after i got it, i put my arm in the tank to move something or another and it literally ran out from under the rock and came charging toward my hand. whomever had it before me must have had fed the thing, so i decided to buy some shrimp from the store and feed it. after cutting off a small piece of shrimp, i put my hand in and it again came right over to me, grabbed a couple of my fingers, and took the shrimp right into its mouth. it was pretty damn cool.

pop1tart
07/22/2003, 04:34 PM
Hand feeding one is pretty cool. I just received one from liveaquaria.com today. He was missing a ray and I'm curious if its normal and how long it will take to regenerate.