PDA

View Full Version : Ups

Armando
07/22/2003, 08:08 AM
Oh-oh, just noticed UPS added to the tracking information on their web site "[On-time]" status information. I hope they are not expecting to start having delays.

Also, anyone else pickup packages at their Watertown location? That place is hedious. :rolleye1:

JustDavidP
07/22/2003, 11:29 AM
They left my $650.00 retro fit lighting system out on my driveway in the rain last week :( They also decided that the "Fragile" warnings on the box were just "hype". The Ushio's were out of their sleeves floating around in the box. To boot, the ballast was backordered and I can't test the bulbs until it gets in. This will be well beyond the "2 day notification of damage" policy from the vendor *sigh* What happend to Quality Assurance?

<D>

Scuba_Dave
07/22/2003, 11:44 AM
I have everything shipped to my mom's. It's close to the way home (1/2 hr detour), but well worth the peace of mind. I had my salt shipped there & told her not to touch it - too heavy. All of the UPS/Fedex drivers know here, she works in the local pharmacy.
When I refinanced my house (cash out) they were sending a $26k check to me. They delivered it to my house, sure they said white house w/enclosed porch - we left it tucked in the door. Umm problem I replied, my house is green, and I don't have an enclosed porch. Some delivery people just don't care.

bdr127
07/22/2003, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by JustDavidP
They left my $650.00 retro fit lighting system out on my driveway in the rain last week :( They also decided that the "Fragile" warnings on the box were just "hype". The Ushio's were out of their sleeves floating around in the box. To boot, the ballast was backordered and I can't test the bulbs until it gets in. This will be well beyond the "2 day notification of damage" policy from the vendor *sigh* What happend to Quality Assurance?

<D>

You have seen that chocolate milk commercial, right? :p

Seriously, though, I knew a guy that used to work as a sorter/truck-loader for UPS, and he said that most people take "fragile" with a grain of salt. After all, any damages aren't coming out of their pocket. :rolleyes: Ground packages are generally handled more rough, FWIW....