PDA

View Full Version : free fossorochromus rostratus (FW Cichlid)

dad300
07/22/2003, 07:11 AM
I have a fossorochromus rostratus that is not getting along well with my other fish in my FW tank. I need to get him a new home as soon as I can. Is anyone here interested. i'll take a little live sand or a snail or something in trade if you want. or you can come get him and he's yours.
on the freshwater side I'm going to go with a shoal of tetras or something small like that.
Any takers. Pm me

Scuba_Dave
07/22/2003, 07:30 AM
I have a co-worker that has a cichlid tank - 260 I think. Not sure if he would be interested or where he lives. I can check if you want.

dad300
07/22/2003, 07:43 AM
that would be great. its a great fish just not what I wanted.

Scuba_Dave
07/22/2003, 01:02 PM
He doesn't want to drive up, lives south. He said you may want to post specifics of fish, size etc.

dad300
07/22/2003, 02:32 PM
yeah, this appears to be a hard fish to get rid of. its 4-5 inches long. If you doa search on fishbase.org and look up fossorochromus rostratus it shows some good pictures as well. I also used Google.com to Id as well.
No local fish store will take it either. one doesn't deal with Cichlids, the other isn't clean enough to give it to.
its agreat fish but not for me. I love the color, Yellow tint when running around normally. when it gets aggressive and dominant it turns a dusky blue and its spots/stripes dissapear.
tail has a peacock bass kind of tail. beautiful fish. very ative great swimmer.

Somebody take him from me......

mcgyver3
07/22/2003, 03:40 PM
How big is he know and what water setup do you have him in?
I have a 125g Lake Malawi setup just have to make sure he will get along with my present fish.

dad300
07/22/2003, 03:58 PM
He is in what was a community tank. typical rubble on the bottom and I added some sand for him to sift through his gills. ammonia zero ph 7.4 nitrites and nitrates undetectable. I have a couple clam shells that that my pleco rasps on it raised the Ph some.
He's 4-5 inches. and he has doubled in size since I got him.
He eats flake and slow floating crumbles.
anything else you want to know?