PDA

View Full Version : clean up crew?

nugz17
07/21/2003, 07:37 PM
i have a 30g

6 astrea snail
1 turbo snail

for fish i have a pair of percs

i have hair algea and my turbo dosent seem to be doing well with it what other critters should i get . and i also noticed snail poo( i think ) in my sand bed what should i get to help take care of this and the algea

i really dont want crabs cause i dont like the fact they kill snails since i really like my snails.

what about starfish are any reef safe or what type of shrimp should i get maybe a pepperment or a cleaner or both or maybe so me other type

this will be reef eventually this weekend i am adding more clean up crew it will be 2 weeks then since my last additiona nd all levels are fine.

thanks in advance

Armando
07/21/2003, 07:41 PM
My favorites are Nassarius snails. They are hard workers and fun to watch. They are not exactly algae eaters but they eat a lot of detritus that would eventually lead to algae growth if left in the tank.

Heavydc2
07/21/2003, 07:43 PM
Get an algea blennie, they are ugly little guys but have a ton of personality and are fun to watch. They will devour the hair algea in a matter of a week too.

nugz17
07/21/2003, 07:45 PM
could i add the blenny and maybe a few snails the same day or should i wait 2 weeks in between

karl wagner
07/21/2003, 10:13 PM
you may have to make up the difference by hand for awhile, unless you get the algae blenny. also, cut back on the feeding.