PDA

View Full Version : BRS rocks, 28307 posts!

newreefer03
07/19/2003, 08:34 PM
I was just looking at the other clubs' forums when I noticed that the BRS forum had 28307 posts!!! The next highest was the Upstate New York club with 18668 posts. Wow, I didn't realize how hard core we were. Can't wait till MACNA comes to Boston.

Keith Sheridan
07/19/2003, 11:05 PM
We just yap a lot.

Armando
07/19/2003, 11:17 PM
Here it goes one more! :D

jbundas
07/20/2003, 06:31 AM
Another cool thing is that we were tied with NY earlier this year - activity has really taken off lately.

tstone
07/20/2003, 08:02 AM
We are like a bunch of hens cackling all day :D

Keith Sheridan
07/20/2003, 11:37 AM
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=175313

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=162314

dad300
07/21/2003, 06:57 AM
I just found you guys two weeks ago and I spend most of my time on Reefcentral here. All the info I need I can get from you folks. that and the fact that I know if something were to go drastically wrong you folks would help me out. its a great board and has allowed me to progress quickly.
I just added my first batch of live rock into the 20 gal. I'll vbe adding more shortly. its so much fiun to look and see what is on the rock.
Kevin

Teego
07/21/2003, 07:17 AM
Woo !!

Go Kevin. Sounds like you are off in the right direction. make sure you get to the meetings because that is where you learn lots and can get cool loot.

And judging by your career, can we ask you questions about milk?
Why is white? Do cows give brown milk like chickens lay brown eggs? Do they bleach it like Wonderbread?

How many degrees are removed from actually hanging with the cattle? Is it true that dairy cattle speak a secret cow language?

JustDavidP
07/21/2003, 07:33 AM
Kevin,

May I suggest a nice kneeling pillow for the front of the 20? And a new green or red micro flashlight :)

When I set up my nano, I would wait eagerly for the photoperiod to end. I'd kneel in front of that thing for 2 hours watching all the cool stuff emerge from the rock. Every day is a new adventure.

Let me know when you can attend a meeting/swap. I've got some green star polyps for you as a "newbie gift". They are quite hardy and a good choice for a begginer coral as long as you keep them in control. You'll want to frag them often to keep them from taking over. Then you can pass them on to others.

David

Scuba_Dave
07/21/2003, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by tstone
We are like a bunch of hens cackling all day :D

I was going to say something similar - Chatty Cathies lol

Yes keep your eye on green star polyps, they will kill other corals - started on one of mine, moved them away. But very nice color.