PDA

View Full Version : and now... for the moment we've all been waiting for....

DrMilhouse
07/18/2003, 07:18 PM
Hey kids! It's finally here. I saw it with my own two eyes. It's sitting in the receiving bay at my store now. (at least two pallets, the trucking company lost the third but they have assured me it's in their possession - somewhere. Rather have them having it than that home depot having it. I'm concerned that one of the pallets looks smaller than the other one, I didn't have time to count it so I'll do that later. At least the two that you guys have paid for are here though.

Anyone volunteer to help me out Saturday to clear out a spot and sort through what's there? It would be at Marine showcase tomorrow.

Nethos
07/18/2003, 08:05 PM
I will help haul that sand doc.
Give me a call on my cell phone and we will work out the details.

970-568-9090

Thanks
Dave

DrMilhouse
07/18/2003, 10:12 PM
Thanks Dave, I'll call you tomorrow. It should be tomorrow afternoon or possibly sunday when we are able to drop off the sand from our store at Marine Showcase. I'll have more on that when I know if my pallet got delivered tonight and when I talk to Marine showcase to confirm/remind them that they said it was okay.

Stormbringer22
07/18/2003, 11:29 PM
Mike, I've got a little station wagon I could use to help ya move the stuff, I'm disabled to the point of not being able to labor like I used to, but, will for sure help out as much as possible. 303-763-5607 give me a call, if ya could use me, or my car!

Nethos
07/18/2003, 11:58 PM
The earlier the better....I have to pick up some Live rock at the airport tomorrow too.

firefighter1_emt_cop
07/19/2003, 01:32 AM
Give me a call too........I was planning on heading down to Marine showcase tomorrow anyway.

720-298-2209

aztecdreams
07/19/2003, 09:11 AM
It kinda sounded like you said the sand was here. Its kinda early so i must either b dreamin or i read it wrong. I have a b-day party to attend ( o yay ) but if you r still movin the sand afterwards i can give ya a hand. Ill give ya a call when im done.

DrMilhouse
07/19/2003, 05:53 PM
Sorry about not getting back to everyone on this sooner, I guess someone was at MS today. Our delivery trucks couldn't make it out there until Tuesday so Dave has volunteered his van to help move it. Tomorrow, Dave and I (and anyone that can please help), will be moving 2 pallets of sand by hand from his van into MS. We should be there at ~noon tomorrow with sand to unload.

I will do what I can to organize this to make it easy to pick up.

Marine Showcase will be checking IDs for those of you who are picking up your sand there. Unfortunately, I do not know most of your real names.

Please just post a reply here with your REAL name as it appears on your drivers license as this is what they will use for verification.

Please do this as soon as you get done reading this post so that I can put together a reasonable list for the Marine Showcase crew. I think that they may have just realized that we might have competed with them on this so please be sure to tell them THANKS FOR LETTING US KEEP IT THERE and be sure to buy something from them so they're not getting screwed out of anything.

Please post your real name, I'll cross reference your name with your login here on my other spread sheet to cover those who have paid.

A pallet was not sent yet (lost in shipping but they have it and I should get it monday). One of the other pallets looks a little small so I might not have ALL 112 bags in yet. This is why I didn't wanna oversell that third pallet, ya never know what that store might have done to mess this up more. With the third pallet, I'll have you all taken care of and have some left for those who have not paid.

Thanks!
Mike

Stormbringer22
07/19/2003, 06:23 PM
Well, it was a nice day for a drive! I was the one that showed up at Marine showcase, nice store. Mike, the name, as it appears on my drivers license is Scott Boyer. I'm hoping to pick up the 8 bags of S.D. (3 paid for, the other 5,I've got cash for), when the third pallet shows up. I'll pick it up, when there's a post here, that says "sands there". I've got plans for Sunday, so I'm afraid I won't be able to help y'all tomorrow. :( Thanks again for the work you've put in on this deal. Oh yea, there's a great blues-rock band, friends of mine, Father, Mother, Son & Daughter band. The kid playing the guitar was voted 2nd best amatuer guitarist in Colorado a few years back, They're at Heritage Square around 1:30 pm on the 20th. Thanks, Scott

Xiaan
07/19/2003, 06:50 PM
I took over the two bags from Spider_Whistle and would like up to 5 more (will bring cash), see this thread:

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=194610&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

Full name: Christiaan van Woudenberg

I can't make it tomorrow, but if there's another day during the week you need help with the 3rd pallet, I'm in!

jefflupagus
07/19/2003, 08:41 PM
Mike,

Thanks a million for taking care of this.

Name on ID: Jeff Shafer

tedd-c
07/19/2003, 10:36 PM
I am also interested in additional bags from the 3rd pallet. Will we get those at MS eventually as well, or from you directly?

Thanks for all the hard work.

tedd-c = Tedd Cassidy

surt
07/19/2003, 11:16 PM
Sweet, I'll see if I can get up there tomorrow to help out with the unloading.

Thanks Mike!

Brent Hanevik

firefighter1_emt_cop
07/20/2003, 05:30 AM
I have to work tomorrow so I wont be able to help you either Mike.

Thanks for the hard work and the headaches that have came with this sand deal......bet you wish you wouldnt have started it huh? :lol:

lol, i havent looked at my ID for so long I cant remember exactly how it is, but i think its Nathan A. Henry. Ill double check and post back later.

Nethos
07/20/2003, 07:16 AM
David B. Dollar

aztecdreams
07/20/2003, 11:58 AM
Ricardo Arellano ,I can give ya a hand but right now i dont have a car

mjwelte
07/20/2003, 01:01 PM
Mark Welte

And I remember something a while back that I was supposed to try and ship some bags down to Albuquerque for someone. Please post if you still need me to do that.

Mark

JEMichael IV
07/21/2003, 01:31 AM
John Michael

brianw75
07/21/2003, 09:32 AM
Brian Wilgus

I will be driving up from Colo. Springs. Can someone give me direction on how tho get there and what time they open on Saturday. Plan on making the trip this Saturday.

Thank you
Brian

tall guy
07/21/2003, 11:27 AM
Once again, glad to hear you have pulled off the near impossible. Congrats!

I took over pogie's two bags and already paid him for them. I am also interested in 4 additional bags from the third pallet.

The name on my ID is L. Vance Warnock.

I am also coming up from the Springs and plan to pick up the sand by Tuesday. Hopefully the third pallet is in by then. If I can coordinate something with the other Colorado Springs sand people, I will be happy to haul their bags back down south as well. I have a trailer that can handle a number of bags. We just need to figure out how to do the ID verification bit.

Let me know.

DrMilhouse
07/21/2003, 05:42 PM
Tall Guy, the third pallet has not yet arrived, it will be soon but not delivered by tuesday, at least not most likely... I'll get back to you on that. I do have two for you already and you may have 4 from the new pallet, but the bags will be a little more.

To cover the expense of the third pallet, it will be $17 per bag.

The sand is at Marine Showcase and I'm faxing over the sheet containing everyone's information as soon as I can figure out who the rest of you are.

I'll let you know when that is faxed.

If I recall correctly, the hours of Marine showcase are 10am to 8pm monday - saturday and noon to 6pm on Sunday. I'll verify that when I call them, if it's different I'll let you know. I'll also include a link for directions when I know their address.

Everyone check up on your email/PMs cause I might have sent something to you to clear up confusion on who is who.

Mike

DrMilhouse
07/21/2003, 06:26 PM
This is what I have for names... I'm not sure why I don't have Firefighter on here, but I will get you taken care of some how. Did you take over someone else on this list?

15 CastleRock - Doug Beary
10 BrianW75 - Brian Wilgus
2 xiaan - Christiaan van Woudenberg
2 Aztec Dreams - Ricardo Arellano
2 tall guy - L. Vance Warnock
40 Nethos - Dave Dollar (picked up - thanks again for your help)
5 HOGPARK7340 - Mike Nelson
4 mjwelte - Mark Welte
2 surt - Brent Hanevik
5 SeaMatt - Matt Mauritz
1 loudog - Lou Fish
3 Stormbringer22 - Scott Boyer
9 tedd-c - Tedd Cassidy
3 denverhoss - Steven Cartwright
2 jefflupagus - Jeff Shafer
4 JEMichael IV - john Michael
3 BAD930S - Bill (sorry, I lost your last name and I don't have it here)

That adds up to 112, I have all your payments, but I'm not sure where Firefighter_emt_cop is (don't worry, I have your payment and there are bags for you, it just might have to be from the other pallet). I just want to make sure I have it cleared up because from the best of my knowledge only 112 was paid for. Was there a username change or something? I just want to make sure everyone has the ability to pick it up.

Did I miss anyone on this list?

brianw75
07/21/2003, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by tall guy

I am also coming up from the Springs and plan to pick up the sand by Tuesday. Hopefully the third pallet is in by then. If I can coordinate something with the other Colorado Springs sand people, I will be happy to haul their bags back down south as well. I have a trailer that can handle a number of bags. We just need to figure out how to do the ID verification bit.

Let me know.

Tall guy

I sent you a pm about picking up my sand let me know if you think the ID part will work. Thank you Brian

tall guy
07/21/2003, 07:42 PM
Doc,
I appreciate the extra 4 bags. The cost isn't a problem either. I think you deserve a little extra for the effort and frustration. I'll wait until the third pallet comes in and can possibly help deliver it to MS if help is needed the same day I pickup. I plan on brining the trailer.

tall guy

Xiaan
07/21/2003, 07:51 PM
Just to ask the opinion of the folks in this forum, at $17/bag, how does the Southdown compare to the stuff you get from http://www.purearagonite.com/ ? It seems pricing is on par, any opinions?

I guess my question is: is it worth paying this much for Southdown or even more?

Christiaan

firefighter1_emt_cop
07/21/2003, 08:26 PM
Mike,

I should have 3 bags from the original 2 pallets, and I didnt take over anyones bags....If not then let me know.....I already sent you payment, and it was for the original amount.
I still have the email that you sent me confirming my bags if that would help?

Here is the thread where I posted about the 3 bags.

http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1256065#post1256065

DrMilhouse
07/21/2003, 09:10 PM
Nah, I already have you marked as paid, I just have a total of 112 that were on the list and yours makes 115. From the list above, did anyone back out that I missed? Either way Nate, I've got ya covered. :)

Someone here had an ID concern, if you want someone else to pick them up, just post who will be picking it up for you and I will just let Marine showcase know to let it go with them instead of you. I still haven't faxed the list tonight, I'm sorry. I will either hand deliver it to them tomorrow or send it via email. It's ready to go in the way that it is above.

First come first serve if there's three bags that are short, I'll take care of the last one with the third pallet.

Mike

DrMilhouse
07/21/2003, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Xiaan
Just to ask the opinion of the folks in this forum, at $17/bag, how does the Southdown compare to the stuff you get from http://www.purearagonite.com/ ? It seems pricing is on par, any opinions?

I guess my question is: is it worth paying this much for Southdown or even more?

Christiaan

Sounds like a pretty good deal from them with getting the 5th bag free. A mass order on them would be the way to go for next time I'm sure. $14.95 for 40 lbs vs. $17 for 50 sounds about right, but how much are they charging for shipping on top of that $14.95? I couldn't find that on their website.

Stormbringer22
07/21/2003, 09:35 PM
Reef & pond is charging $27 & change for a 40lb bag of Pure Caribbean Aragonite. $17 is still less for the South Down. Doc, I'll be able to help with moving the third pallet to Marine Showcase, let me know, I've got the $85 set aside for the payment of 5 off the third pallet. Thanks.

DrMilhouse
07/21/2003, 09:52 PM
Sounds good 'Bringer. I've got your overflow ready for you too so I can give that to you as soon as we can meet up.

:)

Stormbringer22
07/21/2003, 10:00 PM
:bounce1: :thumbsup:

gkmartinez
07/21/2003, 11:04 PM
I called the purearagonite store and it was very expensive for shipping that it was not worth it. fortunatly reef n pond had some extra. Not a bad deal. Of course this was before I had heard of you and all the great work you have done to bring the southdown to colorado.

firefighter1_emt_cop
07/21/2003, 11:35 PM
Mike, after reading the post over that I linked you to, I read that Matt said he only had 2 bags, which he paid for, and you had him down for 5 bags. In your current list on this thread you still have him listed as having 5 bags. It should only be 2 bags, and I picked up the other 3.

Am I right or no?

DrMilhouse
07/22/2003, 12:31 AM
Yep, that's exactly it. Thanks for checking so closely. I'm not able to edit the post that is that old, but this post is clear enough. I'll update the MS information.

backflow
07/22/2003, 07:44 AM
If you have any bags left on the third pallet i would like to buy 6 bags. i'm in pueblo so let me know. 17.00 is a very good price. just wish i would have got in on the the first two. thanks for bring the beach to colorado.

mjwelte
07/22/2003, 10:14 AM
Backflow,
Let me know if you purchase the 6 bags. I am in Pueblo also and maybe we can work something out on picking them up.

Mark

DrMilhouse
07/22/2003, 08:32 PM
The sand is waiting for you guys to pick it up. Please pick it up at your earliest convenience.

Stormbringer22
07/22/2003, 09:29 PM
Doc, did the third pallet come into Marine Showcase? When can I meet you there to get the sand & overflow?

DrMilhouse
07/22/2003, 11:23 PM
The third pallet will probably not go there. I'm going to try to pick that up and just store it at my house since you'd have to meet with me for payment anyway. I haven't seen it yet, the truck comes in at midnight tonight, I'll know if they delivered it when I go in tonight. This weekend or sometime in the afternoon this week I can have you come pick it up.

Mike

Stormbringer22
07/22/2003, 11:32 PM
Sounds good Mike, I'll stop by Marine showcase & get mine outta there this week & see you sunday sometime. Thanks again.

Stormbringer22
07/26/2003, 04:01 PM
So Mike, whats up? Any word yet on the third pallet? I never heard back from ya on the meet time this weekend, (PM'd ya), I've had a project on hold since May needing to be completed, let me know asap! Thanks

DrMilhouse
07/26/2003, 06:01 PM
sorry for not getting back to you on the PM, I wanted to give it a chance to come in last night. It won't be in this weekend, but should be here monday or tuesday. I'll call the trucking people again monday AM

Mike

Stormbringer22
07/26/2003, 07:09 PM
O.k., I'll bet it's a tough trying to stay on top of everything going on! Thanks again!....'Bringer

surt
07/26/2003, 10:08 PM
Thanks for all the work Doc!!!! I picked up my bags today, I was thinking they were 25 lb bags not 50! Looks like I'll enough left over to put a beach in my living room :)

DrMilhouse
07/26/2003, 10:59 PM
Glad you were pleasantly surprised! :)

hogpark7430
07/28/2003, 12:15 PM
thanks for all the work doc picked mine up sat, The whole thing was worth it just to find marine showcase for me. (I can now see why reef gallery isn’t doing to well) I am glad the deal is done even though I don't have an immediate use for the sand now.
Thanks again
mike
:D

denverhoss
07/28/2003, 02:46 PM
I dumped all mine out on the floor and I've been rolling in it... That's the same thing I'll do with money if I ever win the lottery!
Thanks Doc!

DrMilhouse
07/28/2003, 03:28 PM
:rollface:

Stormbringer22
07/30/2003, 04:45 PM
I heard a truck driver on my CB radio yesterday that was talking about how much he liked cruzing his big rig, jammin' down the road listening to that old tune by Foghat called Slow Ride, I keyed up my radio & asked him if by chance he had a pallet of South Down in the trailer!

denverhoss
07/30/2003, 05:20 PM
Tell him we'll pay $3 over cost on EVERY bag he brings us on his next trip! He'll probably jump at that!

:D

Jeremy S
07/30/2003, 06:29 PM
Even though I’m not a member of the Rocky Mountain Reef Club can I still buy a couple bags of it?