PDA

View Full Version : Passion’s just not there

Nu2Reef
07/18/2003, 12:44 PM
I’ve been thinking about this for some time and have decided to leave the hobby.
There are several reasons for this decision; my small living space, bad location for the tank and no place better to put it and of course the ongoing cost of this hobby.
The only thing that I need to decide is if I’m going to sell off everything or give it to a family member, I’ll decide over the weekend.

So thanks for all of the advice & help you folks have given me but it’s time for me to go.

-allen

Scuba_Dave
07/18/2003, 12:45 PM
Sorry to hear that...:(

karl wagner
07/18/2003, 01:48 PM
Allen-

Be sure to change your screen name to No2Reef.
---
That's too bad actually. But I'm sure that you'll
be better able to focus on your dogs.

The tomato clowns you gave me are doing well.

Thanks again and good luck to you.

kdw

Reef-lite
07/18/2003, 01:53 PM
Allen, I feel your anguish! Have you thought about downsizing? A 15G nano can be just as awesome as a larger tank and you can put it almost anywhere. Check out some pics of my 15G here (http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=191190&highlight=pictures) . You can use almost all of the equipment you currently have. You can even have my 15G tank for free once I break it down. Maintenance cost is minimal. Maybe an average of $30 a month for salt, alk, calcium, food, electricity, annual cost of replacing lamps and possibly powerheads.

gumhead
07/18/2003, 02:26 PM
:(

karl wagner
07/18/2003, 02:34 PM
Allen, don't do anything rash, this is not exactly reef season. A lot of people's tanks take the back seat during the summer, only to come back to the front and center during the colder months. You may want to ride it out.

RobboT
07/18/2003, 07:22 PM
That's a shame Allen. If you do decide to break it down, just remember you don't have to have a tank to come to meetings or chat on RC.

If you do give it to a family member or friend, be sure to turn them on to the BRS.

Rob

yaktop
07/18/2003, 08:06 PM
shhh. dont tell my wife that I pay more than $30 a month for my 125 :o

I agree with Reef lite. a nano can keep your love affair going just as well. seen some nice ones.

howman
07/19/2003, 11:45 AM
Allen
I am surprised to hear you are out of passion. When I came over you were so proud of your tank. You knew the evolution and growth of absolutely everything and was very patient and caring for your system.

Sorry to see somebody knowledgable and caring to leave the hobby.

Howard