PDA

View Full Version : Drs. Fosters and Smiths great advise in their new catalogue.

Jake
07/14/2003, 06:28 PM
In their new Catalogue Drs Foster and smiths "experts" give advise about setting up a 46 gallon reef tank and suggest a total of 19 fish be kept in the tank including a yellow tang. They suggested adding the fish in two groups of about 10 each spaced about 1 week apart. This along with like 80 lbs of live rock. Where are they going to swim? This would be pretty funny if I thought people would not believe it. But you know a bunch of newbies are going to go out and fill a 46G tank with 20 fish. I wonder if there is a way to stop them from putting out such terrible advise! Or t least to ask them to be more responsible with their advise instead of just trying to sell a bunch of fish MO that are doomed to die.

Any thoughts

-Jake

AcroSteve
07/14/2003, 06:45 PM
Check this out.
http://archive.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=213537&highlight=19+fish

Monster_13
07/14/2003, 07:08 PM
DFS sucks. They have the worst service and pricing. Look at the HQI Bluewave ballast. Then search them online. DFS is $100 more than anyone. I told them, and they basically told me 'we dont care'. I even gave them websites to go to. Will never order from them again.:mad2: