PDA

View Full Version : Might be getting rid of fully stocked 65gal and all accessories...

sboice
07/07/2003, 09:19 AM
Don't you hate it when real life gets in the way of your hobbies:)

Due to some recent priority changes I am likely going to be getting rid of my tank. I'd love to get rid of everything at once. If it's too much for an individual then maybe a small group could take it off my hands and parcel it out. Heres what's included.

1 AGA RR 65gal with pine stand and pine canopy. The canopy has been fitted with a reflector and contains 2 fairly new 10K 175W MH bulbs connected to a PFO ballast and there is also two 96W actinic bulbs there as well.

There are a few MJ power heads and a NEW (never used) stream 6060. The stream appears to bea little too powerful:) I was going to reorganize the tank to accommodate the power of the stream but alas I didn't get to it.

I use a MAG7 for the return from a professionally custom built sump which holds a heater and a SouthBay Skimmer (EuroReef knockoff - works GREAT). The sump has an additional interconnected refuge that holds about 5 to 7 gallons of water.

Inside the tank is two green chromis, a small powder brown (no tang police please. He's one of my first fish and he's done very well) and a mated pair of clowns, and a very fat and happy mandarin. Everything is exceptionally healthy and doing quite well. Theres a number of small hermits, snails, and everything else you'd expect.

As for corals, I have one of everything:) Lots of SPS and a few softies. The clowns host in a HUGE green BTA thats done very well for about a year.

As I mentioned above I MAY have to get rid of the tank. I'm entertaining offers as of now. Please make me a fair offer since I don't think I can really attach a price to it myself:)

Send offers to seanboice@hotmail.com

ALSO note that I will be out of town for a few days so I won't be able to get back immediately to anyone who responds.

Scuba_Dave
07/07/2003, 09:38 AM
You may want to list a ballpark figure. But usually most people end up parting out. Very hard to find someone who needs a full setup. In that case you should list what you have for corals & asking price.

You may want to detail full setup/corals for the "package" price.

sboice
07/07/2003, 09:40 AM
I was hoping to get somewhere between 500 to 1000 depending on what the person or group took.

I really can't consider parting out due to some of my time limitations... Thanks for the suggestion though:)

bdr127
07/07/2003, 10:22 AM
IME, I broke down my 90g when I moved from the Boston area a couple months ago.... If you plan on parting out, the BRS members will descend like vultures and scoop up everything you have (and I mean that as a good thing! :p) Everything was gone in a week and only took a few short evenings when people would show up to pick up stuff. If you decide to break it up, things will go better than you expect..... Just my two cents. :)

Spudds
07/08/2003, 07:56 PM
I could use some more live rock, just let me sharpen my talons first!

Spudds.

nanonano
07/09/2003, 11:12 AM
I could use the tunze 6060 and the maxi jets oh and the knockoff Euro-Reef. What model is the skimmer?
Let the feeding frenzy start.
Richard

Willistein
07/09/2003, 11:20 AM
I may be interested in your MH lights. How much do you want?

sboice
07/11/2003, 07:15 AM
Thanks to everyone who emailed and PM'd me offering advice, suggestions, and assistance.

I've managed to get everything inline to the point where I should be able to continue the upkeep and maintenance of my tank.

nanonano
07/11/2003, 08:04 AM
Good for you, hope to see at the next meeting.
Richard