PDA

View Full Version : Need Help with Plumbing Setup

TPHAN
07/07/2003, 02:20 AM
I've just picked up my new 40 gallon curved glass tank and it was already pre-drilled for me so now I need to figure out a couple things about the plumbing for it so I will need your opinions and suggestions.

1. I will not be using an Overflow Box or Corner Overflow. From the picture you see it's going to be a 1" pipe drainage in the corner of the tank. My question for this is can I go w/o a Stockman or Durso type of plumbing for the drainage pipe? Will it be okay submerge with just a screen on the opening so no critters or fish get sucked into the Sump? From what I figure, it will be submerged about 5 inches from the waters surface. Any suggestions?

2. The return will be from a 1200GPH Mag which will be T'd into a SCWD. From the picture is that too many Loc Lines? Suggestions please.

cwa46
07/07/2003, 07:41 AM
The reason people use overflows is to controll the water going to the sump. With your design, you canot controll how much water goes to the sump and it will flood every time you fill the tank. You will need an overflow so you are starting out in the wrong direction.