PDA

View Full Version : Questions for new canopy???

OUinLA
07/05/2003, 09:13 PM
I am about to build a new canopy for my T5 lights. The tank is 36" long and 15" wide.

I think I will build the canopy about 5"-7" high. I was wondering what kind of fans (and where to get them) I should put in there. I will put 2 and I want them to be as quiet as possible.

I also wanted some suggestion for moonlights. I don't want anything fancy or difficult. I just want a dim blue light.

I don't think I will be able to mount the ballasts in the canopy because of space. I might be able to mount them on the side panels of the canopy but i'm not sure yet. Either way, is there anything out side of the obvious I should consider. I will have shrink wrap, extra length of wire for the hood opening. Is one way better than the other?

Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Fish-o-holic
07/05/2003, 11:33 PM
I just bought 2 4" Icecap fans and they're suppose to be here Weds. I've heard Icecap fans are really quiet but they are somewhat on the expensive side. I paid $43 for each one from www.marinedepot.com. Sure hope they are worth the money.

Dennis7
07/06/2003, 12:24 AM
I am pretty happy with the ice cap fans. Yes they are alittle expensive, but they have a variable speed, because they have a thermostat to control the speed depending on temperature. Nice feature.
As for moonlights I went the cheap route and purchased a outdoor socket and a 25 watt party bulb from WalMart, less than $7.00 and it works find.