PDA

View Full Version : My homemade 65g Oct reef and stand

frustrated
07/04/2003, 08:40 PM
My new 65g Oct with built in filtration. This was quit an exp. I learned alot for example I thought it would be best to bend it, but found it may have been better to cut and glue all the corners for better viewing. I did not glue the top on, but should have atleast put a lip around it to keep it from splashing out. I built the stand to from oak, that turned out to be easy'r than I had thought it would be. The tank is 1/4 acrylic 26"x26"x27". The rear third is sectioned off with black acrylic for filtration. Over the overflow in the top right corner into the skimmer compartment, then over a gate to the center through sponge then bio balls, then under a baffle to the pump (RIO 1700) through a Squid to alternate water flow out to the to returns on the left switching to the two returns on the right. This works well to keep particles floating, maybe too well. :rolleyes: I have a lot of floating micro particles, just added some Ehiem efisynth under sponges to catch them. This is hard to get pictures of becouse of the angled viewing panels, and reflections from windows behind me. Only the actinic was on.
I will answer any questions and appreciate any suggestions or ideas.

SeanT
07/04/2003, 08:48 PM
You built that tank?
Awesome job.

rmendis
07/04/2003, 09:11 PM
Great handywork!