PDA

View Full Version : Acrylic scratch removal kits?

dkh0331
07/04/2003, 10:05 AM
I just picked up a used acrylic 110 gal tank that has some minor scratches. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad with the Rainbow LifeGard acrylic scratch removal kit? Or is there a better direction to go?

TIA

David

The Aquarist
07/04/2003, 10:15 AM
I can't speak from personal experience here, but I can tell you that I remember reading another aquarists website where he said he used this product and it was very good. I wish I could remember the web address, but I don't. If no one else answers with personal experience, then at least I can give you this second hand info. Try an internet search using parentheses for more specific results and maybe you will get the webpage with the comment.

Micky
07/04/2003, 02:14 PM
For the inside of your tank, and if it is filled there are not alot of choices. What you have will work well just practice on the side first. For outside or and empty tank I used the rainbow kit and novus polishers No. 1 and No. 2. Most arylic places carry the novus. Best of luck...

Bruddah Chrispy
07/07/2003, 09:28 AM
FWIW - I used the Novus products with very good results.

dkh0331
07/07/2003, 04:14 PM
Thanks All for your replies. FYI, the tank is completely empty and dry.

David

Zander
07/07/2003, 11:38 PM
It works, but is a pain in the a$$. Just take your time on each and every step and it will turn out ok.