PDA

View Full Version : WT Xenia

snelson
07/03/2003, 04:02 PM
I have a nice Pulsing Xenia stalk to trade.

B@dfish
07/04/2003, 02:51 AM
Anything in particular that you are looking for?

snelson
07/05/2003, 03:16 PM
mushroom, zoo's, wut ever.

Greyhair
07/06/2003, 12:27 PM
I purchased one elogated xenia like the one pictured above. I now have about 3 or 4!

Can someone tell me how to harvest this stuff when it's attached to a rock? Also, if anyone wants some, I've got plenty and will give it away. I'm in Santa Rosa, all you gotta do is come get it.

SunfishFun
07/06/2003, 10:13 PM
To remove Xenia from a rock I try to scrape the edge w/ a fingernail and peel it off. Sometimes I have to just plain yank it, though.
BTW, I'll have whitish pompom Xenia (pulsing) and maybe X. elongata to bring to the next propagation mtg. There's usually lots of it there.
-maureen

dantodd
07/09/2003, 01:42 AM
I was lucky enough to get ahold of some of Maureen's xenia. It is great and proved to be extremely hardy. In just a month or so there has been considerable growth in my tank.

dan

Originally posted by SunfishFun
To remove Xenia from a rock I try to scrape the edge w/ a fingernail and peel it off. Sometimes I have to just plain yank it, though.
BTW, I'll have whitish pompom Xenia (pulsing) and maybe X. elongata to bring to the next propagation mtg. There's usually lots of it there.
-maureen

patrickb
07/09/2003, 10:01 PM
i found that the best way to frag xenia is to simply put a small rock on top of the entire coral. after a week or so the xenia will move or start to grow on the small rock and then you can just yank the small rock away and viola, xenia is fragged onto another rock.