PDA

View Full Version : Terminator 3... what a disappointment

nvillacci
07/02/2003, 10:55 AM
'nuff said. IF you liked the first 2 and were looking for a GOOD plot, forget it. The female terminator was a hotty, besides that it sucked.

tiger roach
07/02/2003, 12:11 PM
Well, the Houston Chrinicle gave it a pretty good review. That tells me that you are probably right and it does suck.;)

dellrio
07/02/2003, 08:05 PM
all i know is that when i was 8 T2 was an awesome movie.. and since then has Arnald done anything good? c'mon.. Junior! remember that movie? ouch... plus u just cannot do a terminator movie better than T2.. it was just too awesome..

lebowski
07/02/2003, 09:40 PM
Are you dissing Last Action hero?

That movie was awesome!

dellrio
07/02/2003, 09:42 PM
last action hero..?? never heard of it..

dellrio
07/02/2003, 09:45 PM
WAIT!!!!!! kindergarden cop was AWESOME..... .. and so was Total Recall... i forgot about those.....!!

Chamkeeper
07/03/2003, 01:32 AM
Humm,

T3 = Cali Gov., Now THERE's the plot....

seaofdunes
07/03/2003, 01:46 AM
what about True Lies?

PaintGuru
07/03/2003, 06:33 AM
Originally posted by seaofdunes
what about True Lies?

Exactly, great flick. Even Tom Arnold was funny in that one.

Puterguru
07/03/2003, 07:29 AM
There was another one where he was fighting the Devil, anyone remember the name of that movie?

budhaboy
07/03/2003, 08:53 AM
There was another one where he was fighting the Devil, anyone remember the name of that movie?

That was END OF DAYS.

Puterguru
07/03/2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by budhaboy
That was END OF DAYS.
Thanks, I thought that was a good movie.

dellrio
07/03/2003, 03:19 PM
no way.. End of Days was good untill the end part.. and i thought it was really cheesy..
and as for True Lies.. its alright.. kinda cheesy too..

Leviathan
07/03/2003, 03:37 PM
Lets not forget Predator.

Not sure it may have come out before T2, but I thought it was good.

Zepplin
07/03/2003, 05:15 PM
I guess Dan and myself are easily pleased because we really loved T3. Your correct about the plot being a little thin, it was basically the same plot recycled from the first two: Arnold protects John Conner from the evil machines. However, the movie had about the coolest action sequences I have ever seen.

The car chase seen with the huge crane was absolutely outstanding. When the machines start to become self-aware it's really freaky! Of course, you gotta love the Arnold one liners. I agree the new terminatrix is outstanding!

I think its silly to criticize the plot of this movie, yes Arnold's neck is thicker then the plot, but who goes to Arnold movie looking for the plot? I appreciate this movie for what it is; a really cool action flick.

-Meg :)

dellrio
07/03/2003, 05:22 PM
were there 2 predators.. with 2 diff main actors?

Zepplin
07/03/2003, 05:29 PM
Hey I think you're all forgetting about a little flick of the 80s-Beastmaster. What about Red Sonya?

-Meg :D

dwarfatize
07/03/2003, 10:09 PM
Ithought that the car chase scene was way too long.

seaofdunes
07/03/2003, 10:59 PM
danny glover starred in predator 2 i think

lebowski
07/04/2003, 12:52 AM
Terminator 3 rocked hard abs, washboard style.

It was really good I think. As for dellrio, man you're making fun of me if you don't think those movies are good, even if it's the ending. The ending was good in The End Of Days, cause that's the only way it could have ended!

I love Arnold, and every one of his movies is awesome.

WowAFish
07/04/2003, 01:32 AM
I thought it was great. Just what a Terminator movie should be. The ending is just begging for a Terminator 4 The Terminatrix. The chase scene was great.
I only thought it was sad that the attention span of kids is so short that many of them walked out durring the best part of the movie for whatever their reason.
I will buy it when it come out on DVD.

apophis924
07/04/2003, 05:42 AM
What about the Sixth Day the cloning thing. And who can forget The one Eraser with Vanessa Williams and Arnold? T-3 was Good nothing to trip on But still a very good movie a lot of action great chase scenes and some nice hard hitting fight scenes Not like that Fake azzz Karate Jumping and flying fights in the Matrix, That got old real fast. Given the choice of seeing T-3 or The Matrix Reloaded, I'll take T-3. At leat T-3 had a story line, the matrix tried to develope a story that was not just there. If the machines take over I am more inclined to think they will do it Terminator style than that weak a** dreamland method of the matirx. But then again they are only movies anyhow. Thank goodness for reality .

Leviathan
07/04/2003, 05:54 AM
Not like that Fake azzz Karate Jumping and flying fights in the Matrix

Not every movie is made for every taste.

:)

scsuboy18
07/04/2003, 11:28 AM
I think I am going to wait till it comes out on DVD. I'm not waisting $7.50 to watch T3.

apophis924
07/04/2003, 12:49 PM
Ya know i thought about that at first, But once you see it on da big screen with all the sound effects booming it really does enhance the whole film experience. And there is NO home system that can compete with the movie theater at max what a home system screen maybe 10 feet tall and 12 feet wide LOL. and there is no home system that you can play at the sound levels of a theater without having the law at your door step. I know when i saw Attack of the clones in the threater and then saw it on DVD. there is a difference. If i saw the clones just on DVD i would have missed a lot of the impact of the movies. Think of a moive you have on dvd and saw in the theater ,,,you do miss some of the entertainment impact when you put it on a small screen and sound system.

Leviathan
07/04/2003, 02:07 PM
you do miss some of the entertainment impact when you put it on a small screen and sound system.

Not with a DTS theater system.:D

Old Yeller Tang
07/04/2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by Chamkeeper
Humm,

T3 = Cali Gov., Now THERE's the plot....

Haha! Maybe he can rescue CA from the crap the democrat Davis has created in our state. We definitely need "TOTAL RECALL" over here!:mad2:

apophis924
07/04/2003, 03:15 PM
Levi i dont think so. No matter what system you have at home the screen will never be the size of a full movie theater screen and the sound system will not have the same impact and surround effect and wattage of a movie theater especailly built and designed for that type of medium as oppsosed to a system built to fit into the acoustics of a home with limited input power and less than perfect aqcustics. Granted a home DTS system is quite impressive But like i said a screen the size of a movie screen compared to a screen that fits inside ones living room there is no comparison. It would be like comparing a 1000 gallon aquairium to the ocean ,impressive in the home setting but still cannot hold a candle to the original.

Leviathan
07/04/2003, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by apophis924
Levi i dont think so. No matter what system you have at home the screen will never be the size of a full movie theater screen and the sound system will not have the same impact and surround effect and wattage of a movie theater especailly built and designed for that type of medium as oppsosed to a system built to fit into the acoustics of a home with limited input power and less than perfect aqcustics. Granted a home DTS system is quite impressive But like i said a screen the size of a movie screen compared to a screen that fits inside ones living room there is no comparison. It would be like comparing a 1000 gallon aquairium to the ocean ,impressive in the home setting but still cannot hold a candle to the original.

I wont argue on the screen size difference.

However I have found that I enjoy my sound system at home much more than most theaters. But I might add I dont have a volume issue to consider when wanting to crank it up, since I live in the country. There are some movies that I wouldnt miss on the big screen, but still enjoy them more at home. For obvious reasons, like pause, being able to smoke during the movie...etc....

Its all personal preference though.:)

apophis924
07/05/2003, 07:24 AM
That is One point i did over look, the luxery of home. Being able to pause for a snack, review a critical scene that links the action. Not to mention one can have a RERAL drink while enjoying the pic. You are one of the lucky ones to be living that far away from the rest of us to be able to enjoy a volume at your choosing. Turst me when the $$ get right thats the rout i am going to go, maybe if i didnt sink so many of them into this liquid black hole called a reef tank i would have been there by now :)

dellrio
07/05/2003, 04:04 PM
can anyone tell me what year Pedator 1 came out and what year Terminator 1 came out... i dont think i was born yet? cause i'm not sure i've seen either when i really think about it...

Leviathan
07/05/2003, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by dellrio
can anyone tell me what year Pedator 1 came out and what year Terminator 1 came out... i dont think i was born yet? cause i'm not sure i've seen either when i really think about it...

Terminator 1984

Not sure about Predator though.

cal3v
07/06/2003, 05:05 AM
"Its not a tumor":lol:that gets me every time. btw I think predator was in 87'.

lebowski
07/06/2003, 07:34 PM
They're coming out with a Terminator 4, just read it. It won't be out till the earliest 2005.

Do a search on google.

Don't know if anyone has already posted this, too lazy too read the thread.

despot101
07/07/2003, 07:03 AM
I just saw T3 last night and I thought the plot was better than T2, it made more sense at the end. The action was great, and the special effects were really good.

tiger roach
07/07/2003, 07:37 AM
Saw it Fri night. I thought it was pretty good, not as interesting as T2 nor as gripping as the original, but good action flick. I liked the way it furthers the legend of how Judgement day etc. came about. After all, if they were successful in killing skynet before it happened, like they thought at the end of T2, then how did the terminators ever come to be and then come back in time to wreak the havoc of T and T2 in the first place? Ow now I have a headache.

donut
07/07/2003, 10:00 AM
Am I the only one who thought T2 sucked poop? Didn't even compare to T1. And I don't care about special effects if the acting is terrible, and I'm not referring to arnolds acting. I am plannig on seeing the new one though.

The best news yet. I hear they are making more conan movies.

Conan the barbarian is still one of my favorite movies!!
david