PDA

View Full Version : CPR & Weir?

webpolk
07/01/2003, 10:58 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by quiksilver
don't use a cpr overflow for the love of crap!!! make a weir box as seen here:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Out of curiousity, what is the difference between this one (http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com/tank/overflow.html) and the CPR model? They appear to use the same design. If people dislike the CPR model because it loses prime and the airline gets clogged, why won't this weir do the same?

I ask these questions only because I am about to design my sump/refugium/overflow and would like to make informed decisions before building all this.

Thanks,
Steve

partagas
07/01/2003, 11:03 AM
I'm not sure of what the CPR looks like. But if you look at the Diagram on the link. You will notice that after the water is pulled from the tank, their is another 2" lip. That helps keep it primed. If the water lever in that little space is the same water level as your tank. That is what makes that design better in my option.

webpolk
07/01/2003, 11:15 AM
The CPR model has the same lip those helping to keep the prime. Don't get me wrong, I like this weir, I am just curious why the CPR is bad and this is good.

Thanks,
Steve

partagas
07/01/2003, 11:19 AM
Beats me, Like I said. I have never seen a CPR. Maybe becasue on is hand made and the other is a Capitalist Money Hungry Comp.

Whet the "H" do I know.

:rollface: