PDA

View Full Version : Baby bottle kalk dripper?

Vincerama2
06/30/2003, 07:44 PM
OK, my next hair brained scheme...

If you can't find a medical IV drip, why not use a baby bottle to drip kalk? There are some that have plastic liner bags so that your baby does not suck in air and get burpy. That bag would be handy as, when your kalk dripped, you would not expose the non-dripped solution to air, keeping it potent for longer

If you can cut the nipple hole just right, you can probably get a drip rate that would work for you.

The problem is, of course, the small capacity of the bottle, but it might work for a nano tank.

Any thoughts? I'm sure there are many people out there with just spare baby bottles and worn out nipples (uh, bottle nipples) that might give this a try?

Oh yeah, I think coffe filters would work well for filtering out precipitated calcium...

Thoughts?

Vince

Leviathan
07/01/2003, 05:05 AM
I have actually used a baby bottle before on my 75 to drip Kalk every once in a while( havent in a while though ). However all I did was cut off the bottom of the bottle, cut a hole in the nipple and used the clear air tubing to run it in through the back of the canopy. I had a air line clamp attached to the inside of the tank that I used to adjust the drip rate. It actually worked out pretty well.