PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI HELP from you pros

john rochon
06/26/2003, 07:16 PM
I just bought an RO/DI unit from AQUA-SAFE SYSTEMS.
I'm a complete newbie so I need some info/help.
#1. this has a flow restrictor valve on the waste water line.
what is the valves function? should it not be open all the time?
#2. I'm hooking up temp, as I'm moving so can I just put the waste water line in the drain instead of drilling the drain pipe?
#3. there is a shut off valve after the prefinters and before the RO membrane.what is its funtion? is it to shut off the supply while you take out the RO and check it?
#4. how do I flush the membrane and how often should this be done?
#5. I've heard that there should be a shutoff valve before the prefilters so when the unit is not in use there should be no pressure? There was none supplied and no mention of that in the manual. I hope someone can help me out here. thanks

barebottoms
06/26/2003, 07:27 PM
1. I think you're talking about a flush valve. The restrictor should be inside a tubing. The valve is opened for a couple of minutes before you use the RO/DI output then closed to make your RO/DI output, then opened again a few minutes after you're done using the unit. This keeps impurities from settling in your membrane to maximize membrane life.

2. Yes

3. You close it to flush, see 1. And when you store. You want to keep the DI carts damp when you store the unit.

4. See 1

5. See 3, the unit should be damp. If you don't have a valve before input, just make sure the input tube is higher than everything to keep water from coming back out when you're storing.

john rochon
06/26/2003, 09:06 PM
thanks my friend I understand, this unit has a flush valve that when closed it is actually open60% to make the system work and when open completely used for flushing.[the company phoned me]