PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing question

Dimi-reef
06/26/2003, 02:58 PM
I am going to be using an Ampmaster 3000 as the return on a tank I am building for a friend. As we all know the Ampmaster has 1.5" fittings. The problem I am running into is as follows:

The return line from the sump/ampmaster is going to be plumbed to go back thru the overflow box WHERE I will need to split the 1.5" pipe/tubing into (3) 1" tubes. 2 going to sea swirls and 1 going to the top of the overflow box (bulkhead) for added circulation. The box is going to be approx 18"x8" Already in the overflow will be a 2" bulkhead to the sump which I am plannning on adding a Durso, also (2) 1" bulk heads for the closed loops. Where I am having problems is with the return... I want to know if anyone has ever seen or made a pvc fitting that will work.

I need the 1.5" (either pvc pipe or tubing) to have a fitting that splits into 3 1" fittings with hose bards. Has anyone ever seen this somewhere or know how to make one?
I need some of you experts to chime in on this one.

Thanks in advance,
Dimitri

keigle
06/26/2003, 03:08 PM
You could use a 1.5X1.5X1" reducing tee branched off of 1.5" pvc. You can check out http://www.aquaticeco.com or check your local plubing supply store.

Entropy
06/26/2003, 04:41 PM
You could always use a 1.5 T and then use 1 inch reducers on the two ends. Send one 1 inch to the overflow, and T or Y the other 1 inch to the sea swirls. You might need to ball or gate valve the first 1 inch pipe to make sure the sea swirls are getting their share of the flow (or ball/gate them all).

Small world Dimitri.... Moshe says hi :D

TheUPSguy
06/26/2003, 08:03 PM
What about using a 1 1/2 " cross with 3- 1 1/2" x 1" reducers, (or 1 of those and 2 - 1 1/2" x 1" Elbows. I know thay there are 1 1/4" x 1" elbows, just not sure about them being 1 1/2" x 1"). You can get the cross at Home Depot, and I got my 1 1/4" x 1" els from Lowes.

Dimi-reef
06/27/2003, 12:56 AM
For the information, I talked to Inter-American today and they are going to make the overflow larger so using either a Tee or Cross should fit and work fine.

Rich..... Whats up, Whats it been 10 years?

Tell Moshe hello back