PDA

View Full Version : Bumble Bee or Turbo

Bearbait
06/24/2003, 10:55 AM
was wondering wich is more hardy? every turbo Ive ever had died . (yes ive tried everything) I want to build a strong clean up crew .

Nullig
06/24/2003, 11:09 AM
I have Astreas, Conches, Margaritas, Cerith and Bumble Bees for snails, along with a few Hermit crabs and an Emerald crab. They seem to look after just about everything.

Bearbait
06/24/2003, 11:13 AM
my amonia and nitrite are 0 nitrate is 20ppm and falling (didnt do my water changes) just put kent nitrate sponge in.. salanity is 25 temp is 78 to 80.. now are the nitrates a big deal when putting a clean up crew in? or are they nitrate tolorant? (sp)

madeeb
06/24/2003, 05:41 PM
i had all but one turbo die .i was told if they fall on there back side they can not upright them selves and well die rather quickley. however the nassarius snails can turn them selves over if they get backsided. i bought 50 of them on ebay the person i bought them from offers free shiping, so far i have found no dead ones, on like my turbos wich out of 20 only one has made it and he was on his backside this morn trying like hell to upright him self darn near was all the way out of his shell .dont think he well last long cant watch out for the guy all the time. just my to cents worth hope this helps madeeb.:bum:

wishmaster
06/24/2003, 06:18 PM
I'm on my second batch of 10 turbos, they are quite fond of my powerhead intake. I don't know what it is about them but they sure do like to get sucked into it. I would recommend turbos over bumble bee snails, better algae cleaner IMO.

madeeb
06/24/2003, 06:25 PM
you can put intake covers on most powerheads the ones from an old intake tube on a hang on filter work quite well. i lost a golden neon goby that went in to the intake on my power heads,was not a pretty site they are covered now we all have so much to learn and not enough time to apply it.:eek1:

wishmaster
06/24/2003, 10:16 PM
I hear ya, all the intakes to the powerheads are covered now!