PDA

View Full Version : Where to drill my new tank

justgettinstarted
06/22/2003, 05:57 PM
I am looking for some suggestions on where to drill my new tank (it is going to be the refugium, of sorts).

Its a 30g Cube dimensions are 20.5x 18.5x 21.5"
I want to put in a DSB and prolly like 30-40lbs or LR

I really just want some suggestions on where i should drill it out at. I will be installing 2 1" bulkheads....

for now my plan is as follows... it will be displayed along side the 100g show tank... except sligty elevated... I want the overflow from the new tank to dump into the show tank... Probably just use a durso....

My real question is where should i have to water comming into the tank at? i was thinking maybe having a spraybar that would be behind the LR? the flow into the tank will be from the sump.. just gonna put in a T and a valve so i can divert the desired amount of water so that i can get the right flow rate...

My tentative plan for lighting is to put a 125 or a 250MH so that i can throw some corals and stuff in there too... but who knows..
The real plan is to have sea horses in there... but i dont know if that much light will bother them... ? I think i am going to throw my long spined urchin in there as well... he is about 7" right now..

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE!!!

justgettinstarted
06/24/2003, 11:13 AM
anyone?

if not i am gonna just drill where i had previously though.,,