PDA

View Full Version : Sad fish story

Hemmie
06/22/2003, 09:05 AM
We have a couple of rental trailers, pretty nice ones..lots of land, lots of room, excellent tenants.

My husband decided last spring to put a double wide on one of the lots and sell the trailer that was there. The people renting moved into the double wide and the old trailer was still there, for sale. This was all last summer.

My husband has been after them ever since to clean the old trailer out, they were kind of using it for storage.

The trailer finally sold a few weeks ago, and we went in to make sure it was cleaned out. To my HORROR, there was a 5 gallon fish tank with a Goldfish in it, still alive. The poor thing had been there all winter with no food, and no water changes! We had the heat on low to keep the pipes from freezing, so the tank water never froze either. My husband told them to get their butts in gear and get their stuff OUT, get the fish out and clean the place. He was pi**ed. I fed the fish a little yesterday and had decided to get the fish out of there today and add him to my Goldfish tank.

He called them yesterday to make sure everything was copacetic. "Aok, says she, "sorry we forgot about the fish!"

We go up to double check before they take the trailer out. I noticed the small plastic fish tank laying by the shed, with no fish it it. I figured they had a bigger tank or something and had taken the fish.

About 2 feet away from the shed I found the Goldfish. They had merely thrown it away, just like a piece of garbage. It made me sick.

I stormed into the house and asked *** they were thinking??????? had they told me they didn't want the fish, I would have taken it. They looked at me like I was some demented freak.

It just makes me sick. If I had only checked over the winter, but I didn't. The tank was actually hidden behind some junk and my husband never noticed it. It was so covered in algae that you'd never know there was a fish in there in there unless you looked really good, or unless he splashed.

Anyways, I gave them the "fish are people too" speech and went on my way. I'm sure they'll be really responsible fishkeepers from now on.:(

:mad2:

ausaquaria
06/22/2003, 09:29 AM
very sad story :(
human beings can be so out of touch with the rest of the natural world.
this is part of the global problem the lack of feeling for other living animals.

ChrisPrusha
06/22/2003, 01:57 PM
I'm glad you got in their face, Hemmie! :thumbsup:

Some people just don't get it.

Chris

seasquirt
06/22/2003, 03:38 PM
What DIRTBAGS. I would have gone ape on them, too. :mad2: