PDA

View Full Version : dead turbo

charley75
06/21/2003, 01:09 PM
Anyone have trouble with these croaking?
2 of mine that I've had for a few months died this past week....or at least I think it died. They just sat in one spot retracted in their shell not moving for days. I took one out and stuck my finger in it's shell....it moved a little, but not much.
Can I assume it's a gonner?
Charley

GrendelPrime76
06/21/2003, 02:06 PM
a few yrs ago i bought 25 of them and today i have 1 left, most of them fell and died before i could replace them, try placing them on a flat piece of rock in your tank and see what happens

BigDaddy
06/21/2003, 02:21 PM
The only problem, I've had w/ turbo snails dying, is when I had crabs eating them at night (hermit and a large rock crab). You might want to check ur water parameters

madeeb
06/21/2003, 06:05 PM
if you have large hermit crabs they well eat the snails i finnaly caught mine .after finding 4 of them dead within a weeks time.everythink else checked out fine. so i set up viedo camera lo and behold the crab was caught left handed .:eek1:

fishhead14
06/21/2003, 07:11 PM
plus if they are overturned and cant turn back over, they can die. Thats why margaritas, nassarius snails, conches and detrius snails tend to be better.

JHardman
06/21/2003, 09:36 PM
Smell it. If it reaks, it's dead or well on it's way to being dead.

pncstod
06/22/2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by JHardman
Smell it. If it reaks, it's dead or well on it's way to being dead.

I agree, you will know if it's dead. They are probably the worst smelling things when they croak. The stench will permiate your hand when pulling it out of the tank:mad:

charley75
06/22/2003, 09:18 AM
No hermits to be killing them and water params are good. I have smelled a dead one before though...almost hurled! Oh well...I'll just keep an eye on them.
Charley