PDA

View Full Version : Sump Idea.. Confused

eggy5404
06/19/2003, 02:59 PM
I'm in the planning stages of my refuge and sump. My tank is not rr and I will be using a lifereef over. I want to separate my fuge to a 5 gallon tank and make a sump out of a 15 gallon tank.

On the pipe configuration, I will have the main pvc from the over flow setup with a "T" to split the flow of water to the refuge and sump.

The pvc going to the refuge will have a ball valve to lessen the flow of water. The refuge will also be elevated above the sump.

The pvc going to the sump will disperse the water flow into the first chamber where my lifereef skimmer will be places and then it will be sent to the second chamber where a Mag 7 return pump will push the water back to the main tank.

My question is where should I have the overflow from the refuge connected to?? The skimmer chamber or the return pump chamber. Bear in mind this idea has not be drawn, I'm figuring out this process in my head and I don't even know if this will work....

PLEASE HELP ME.. I'M STARTING TO LOOSE SLEEP...

Entropy
06/19/2003, 03:18 PM
I would run it to the return chamber. Litte critters and stuff that make it out of the refuge may survive the trip back to the tank through the mag but I doubt they will survive the skimmer trip :D

eggy5404
06/19/2003, 04:12 PM
Thanks.. thats what I thought. Someone else advised me that I should run it through the skimmer chamber but I also questioned the pods being wiped out which is why I thought I should have it going to return pump chamber.