PDA

View Full Version : T. Maxxima keeps laying down>>>

CFinney
04/11/2001, 08:10 PM
i just got my T. Maxxima about 3 days ago. sat it straight up in the sand bed and by morning it was on its side not all the way just leaning quite a bit. set it back up the next day. by next morning leaning, whats up? is it just gettin comfy or what. will it fly behind the rocks, like my flame scallop??

its a 3 incher bright blue/purple, under 880 watts VHO
125 gal, 5in DSB, im also thinking about switching to 3 250 watt Halides w/440 watts actinic VHO, do they(T. Maxximas) still glow under halides, like they do under VHO?

thanks, Chris:)

wayne
04/11/2001, 08:21 PM
Chris, if memory serves me, the T. Maxxima like/need to be placed on a rock. Now I know that many others have theirs on sand so I will not debate one over the other, but mine is on a rock, high in the tank. He is under a 250w 20,000K MH and mixed VHO and he "glows".

You would be better off placing the clam as high as possible and the more light the better, especially for the T. Maxxima.

As for yours leaning over, I haven't a clue. Mine has always been up and down, even when he would 'jump' off his perch after I first got him, the next morning he would be at the bottom of the tank, but in the 'proper' posisiton.

hth

wayne

CFinney
04/11/2001, 08:27 PM
wayne,

thanks for the info and quick response,
was just looking for a reason to get into the tank!,,

chris

JohnL
04/12/2001, 04:51 PM
Hi Chris,

I agree with Wayne. However, I have two maximas on the sand. Both were attached to a small rock when placed there and both decided to de-attach from their rocks. One of them does the same thing as yours. I gave up trying to re-orient him months ago. I also recently acquired a crocea and have noticed him re-position himself at an angle also. I wonder if they are trying to regulate the amount of light they are receiving?

CFinney
04/12/2001, 06:09 PM
Well, i put him high in the tank and so far so good, it has opened up twice the size that it was on the sand.

John,

thats what i assumed it was doing, regulating light
can anybody answer this?

thanks
Chris:)