PDA

View Full Version : Getting a "clean-up crew"...

aaronp
06/10/2003, 10:38 AM
I am new to the hobby and have a few questions in regards to getting a decent clean-up crew in my tank.

First, I have a 29 gal. reef tank (in its infantile stage!) and was wondering what clean-up critters would be recommended? I have a few hermit crabs ( I was warned to stay away from the dwarf blue leg) but thats about it.

Second, I was wondering where I could find reasonable priced snails and crabs? This might seem like a mundane question but my local pet store sells cerith snails for about $8 and I've noticed most online vendors sell them between $1-3. Shipping can be a killer though...

Any thoughts would be welcome and appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Aaron

dillinger
06/10/2003, 11:00 AM
Hey Aaron,

I just received my order from www.saltwaterfish.com full of snails and hermits. the shipping is free if you order more than $75. You can definitely order $75 worth, too..they have some great stuff.

HTH,
Adam

wizardgus®
06/10/2003, 12:17 PM
Aaron,
[welcome]

You might also check e-tropicals, they have a build-your-own clean-up crew deal, free shipping on $60 min. They are smaller specimens, but a good way to get a tank going for a reasonable price.

I tend to just order some snails whenever I am ordering something else...always free shipping that way. (sorta)