PDA

View Full Version : Plywood Tank

DarrenCar
06/08/2003, 02:56 AM
I see that there are plans for a plywood tank out there. I was wondering if anyone has attempted this project and how it turned out.

Andru881
06/08/2003, 08:40 AM
http://www.garf.org/tank/buildtank.asp

Here ya go just put in the size you want then there is a link at the bottom telling you what you need and how to build it.

Snailman
06/08/2003, 09:41 AM
It's probably not the "type" of tank you are talking about but I built a 400g plywood tank in our basement. I used a pond liner, had double walls and a bench seat around it. It was really something. I think one of the coolest things about it was how you walked up to it and looked in from the top. You could see all the aquascaping in a glance. Snailwoman aquascaped it for me. There were tunnels and islands as well as the usual cliffs. It housed a gang of Damsels:D
Anyway.... you can go up on Yahoo/Google and search for plywood saltwater tanks and you will get plenty of info.

Snailman

DarrenCar
06/08/2003, 12:36 PM
Thanks for the info. I was more curious if anyone has actually used these plans from garf and what kind of results the had gotten. I want to make a refuge tank because no-one will drill a glass tank for me and a plexiglass tank will cost me upwards of 150.00 to build. I have all the supplies already for the plywood one except for the 2 part epoxy paint. Also drilling holes in the plywood tank would be a cinch for me to do.