PDA

View Full Version : empty stand/tank wobbles, is it ok?

sea-horsea
06/06/2003, 06:29 PM
I haven't set it up yet and I will put the setup on the carpet. the stand and tank wobbles now when is empty....should I worry about it once the water and rocks and sand are in?

kozmo02
06/06/2003, 06:32 PM
wobbles arent good, i have never had a tank/stand wobble, even when empty. expect it very carefully before filling it with water, or else the next time you see your tank it will be in a dustpan while you hold the broom and wetvac at 2 in the morning....

sea-horsea
06/06/2003, 06:36 PM
i think is the stand, the tank on top of the stand doesn't wobble, but the stand/floor wobbles.

its still in my garage, but I will put it on carpet......what should I do??

the bottom of the stand is empty with 4 sides....should I just put a piece of plywood on the bottom so its flat on the bottom?

Monster_13
06/06/2003, 07:25 PM
Yeah I have a question about this too. My tank doesnt wobble, put I leveled it before I filled it, and now that it's filled, the water line isnt level, maybe like 3/8" off...doesn that matter?

Vinny Kreyling
06/06/2003, 08:02 PM
Get the tank level with shims. You can use metal or a plastic, even a hardwood if you have to. An unsteady tank is a disaster waiting to happen. The carpet will only do so much and will flatten out very shortly. If you have to fill with water, check for level, drain and level, then refill and check. A pain but better one now than later with everything in it.