PDA

View Full Version : Large Angel species in your reef? Please check in...

Jimbo
06/06/2003, 01:39 PM
I just want updates from those of you with imperators, navarchus, maculosus, etc. in your reefs. I'm probably going to put one in my new in-wall SPS tank.

Thanks
Jim

Reefraff
06/06/2003, 01:48 PM
Six months along on my Navarchus experiement and I would have to say he/she has been a perfect ahhh well angel:) I feed him daily sometimes twice a day with flakes, frozen food, and nori. He has grown to about 4". The key if your considering it, is to start with as small a fish as possible so that they don't come in with a predisposition towards coral munching.

Jeff

Donovan
06/06/2003, 01:50 PM
My majestic was fine with corals - not so with clams - I think you will find alot of larger angels (imperator, majestic) are OK with SPS and really risky with clams - avoid the atlantic angels (queen, blue, grey, etc) they will definitly go after your corals...

Jimbo
06/06/2003, 03:27 PM
Thanks for the replys so far... :)

Bumb ^

Zoom
06/06/2003, 03:48 PM
I have a Emperor in my reef tank the only thing that pics on is the meat coral open brain and green Zoanthus never pic at the clams SPS, ricordia, or mushrooms if you put one in your reef be ready to move them out if it gos after it. i have a new Majestic in a different tank so far it don't pic on any thing.

Jimbo
06/06/2003, 04:49 PM
Wow, baord is moving fast today.
One more shameless bump... It's a worthwhile cause, don't you think? :D
Jim