PDA

View Full Version : custom sealife chiller

drgriff
06/06/2003, 07:08 AM
Does anyone have a custom sealife chiller? I just installed on on my 90 gallon and it is keeping the temp around 82, but not any lower. It may be normal at this point because it has only been installed and running about 16 hours? I guess what I really want to know is how long does yours normally run at one time? I can hear it do something for about 2 minutes, then it stops. Should it run longer?

Mako
06/06/2003, 08:44 AM
2 minutes is a pretty short duty cycle for a chiller. Something sounds amiss. Can you provide any more details? Are you using their controller?

drgriff
06/06/2003, 08:58 AM
I am using their digital controller. I think it is not getting enough fresh air. I have it under my cabinet with the condenser facing into the cabinet and the doors open. After I finish with patients this afternoon I plan to rotate it 180 and cut some big holes in my cabinet so it can get more fresh air from outside. I really don't hear the condensor running. I assumed that it would sound like a refrigerator, the fan turning on first, then the condensor kicking in. I hear the fan for about 2 minutes, then it stops. I just got the new condensor wednesday. I will post back after the modifications to the cabinet.