PDA

View Full Version : Baby snails!...tiger trochus!!!!

Puffer Daddy
06/06/2003, 12:37 AM
Yipee!!!!...Man, Im so excited...
Was pulling the skimmer out to give it a good cleaning...saw something on my sump wall...took a closer look and it was a baby tiger trochus!!..a little smaller than a dime....then while cleaning my skimmer, I found a very small shell blocking the inj. on my aqua c. Thought it was a snail shell but no...couldn't be. Well, got to poking around closer in my sump and what do I find?...several baby tiger trochus, about half the size of a pencil eraser...It was too cool!....I remember doing a water change, cleaning my H.A. off my rocks about 5 months ago...caused my snails to spawn but I didnt think anything about it (tigers released sperm into the collum)...could this be the result of that?...now I see my ceriths leave eggs on my glass, but not my trochus. Anyway, off all the things to spawn and grow!...I love it!...guess Ill leave them be for a little bit untill they can do some good in the tank!...was a very pleasant surprise to say the least!...Happy reefing everyone!, just thought Id bragg a little..lol