PDA

View Full Version : New H20 Pump needed.....what kind to get?

Mikey Kliff
06/06/2003, 12:18 AM
Okay so tonight i got home with a new clown and some green star polyps........about a hour and a half after they were in....... i go to check my pump..........

It was making noise and i noticed the flow was real low.......weak flow..........

so I unplug it and clean it out........go to start it back up....and it failed.......

Its a surge 6000.......(thats what i get for getting a crappy brand)

now when i worked at the LFS around here, I had a customer bring one in with the same problem......"it ran great untill i cleaned it and now it stops"

So, I dont need nor do I want to dick around with it. Im thinking Rio......something around 600 GPH that going from my sump to tank (about 4-5 feet)

I dont read into Pumps to much. But what do you guys think?
its for a 90 Gallon tank, with a amiracle MR-100 wet dry

Im looking to exchange it for a Rio at the place i got it from.... but Im open to suggestions on other brands

beerguy
06/06/2003, 12:30 AM
A mag 7 or 9.5 would do you nicely. They're priced right, quiet and durable.

Mikey Kliff
06/06/2003, 12:57 AM
Thanks, I check Petwarehouse.com......... they are nice, decent priced too...........But there all for hard plumbing correct? I just have soft tubes hooked up with hose clams....

beerguy
06/06/2003, 12:58 AM
The have threaded inlets and outlets. If you want to use flexible tubing you just buy threaded bardbed fittings and screw them in.