PDA

View Full Version : rock anemone?

texan6
06/06/2003, 12:16 AM
Hello, just picked up a healthy green 2 1/2" ROCK anemone from my lfs for $10! I have looked high and low, but haven't been able to find much/any info on them. Any specific needs they have? Do you treat them like a regular anemone try to feed them some krill once or twice a week? I hear they're a little hardier than most anemones, True? Any info anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated!! I acclimated him slowly and he has already attached himself partially to a rock and partially to the sand and opened up, neat little guy with a cool flourescent mouth!! Throw me some tips guys!! :D

texan6
06/06/2003, 01:08 AM
up we go c'mon guys:D

Python73
06/06/2003, 01:11 AM
Originally posted by texan6
I have looked high and low, but haven't been able to find much/any info on them.

While you were looking "high and low" did you do a search?

Title search for "rock anemone" = http://reefcentral.com/forums/search.php?s=&action=showresults&searchid=1248419&sortby=lastpost&sortorder=descending

S !

texan6
06/06/2003, 01:28 AM
Yep, got 2541 hits!! but the search grabs rock and then anemone seperately, so you get all kinds of fluff. I read through the first I don't know how many pages of results with none of them pertaining to rock anemones.

Python73
06/06/2003, 01:33 AM
You didn't do a TITLE search. Little radio button bottom left. That way you are assured that both words are in a very short title. The best feature by far of the search options. If you follow my link you'll see only one page of hits.

Sorry for the tone earlier, but you violated one of my top five peevs (and I have a hundred :) ) which is you bumped your own thread after an hour. It is 2am, be patient!

By the way, I don't know squat about these anemones, or I'd help you out personally. Sorry.

S !

texan6
06/06/2003, 01:47 AM
sorry python only bumped it because it looked like it was gonna go off the page. I'm a little new to this site, but it seems like when they get out of sight their out of mind, for getting a response that is:D

Python73
06/06/2003, 01:55 AM
Don't worry about it, I'm just persnickety. I even made a thread about bumping, and 95% of people told me to lighten up. :)

S !