PDA

View Full Version : Observations of Mag Drive Pumps

PorkChop
06/05/2003, 06:15 PM
Well...

Came home today... and walked down the hall to my room.. from the fish room I could hear a very loud non-normal noise... I dropped all the crap I had in my hands right there and sprinted in...

I found that my sump was missing uhh.. about 3-4 gallons of water (in a 10 gallon sump) and that my Mag 3 pump was trying to push air around...

I immediatly unplugged it and tried to figure out what had happened... I saw that the overflow hose had come loose from where I had fastened it .. and I think that is how all this happened..

The very curious part that I have yet to figure out is that I have no clue where that 3-4 gallons of water has gone... I figured with that much water that the floor would be soaked...

But .. no water to be found.. I am lost for an explaination...

The good news is that all my fish and other critters survived the ordeal .. and there were no losses.. once I filled the sump back up ... I plugged the Mag 3 pump back in and it started right back up .. no rattles.. or other loud noise .. so I assume that it is just fine...

Luckly I picked up a Mag 2 pump at a local store for like $12 ... they had it 75% off for some reason.. but it is great that it just keeps on trucking...

BTW.. left at 8am this morning got home about 6pm .. who knows how long it was running without water....

Great little pump as far as I am concerned..

Brian