PDA

View Full Version : Bought Ab got Ushio.....

LanT
06/05/2003, 05:59 PM
I bought a 175w, 10,000k AB for 59.90 but instead i got a Ushio. Did i get the better bulb, or did i get ripped of. TIA>

Rock Anemone
06/05/2003, 06:03 PM
LanT,
[welcome]

Both of those bulbs are pretty good. AB's have a nicer look from what I'm seeing but USHIO are still really nice bulbs. Just do a search on the two and you'll see a lot of threads titled "USHIO vs AB" etc etc...

However, if you want the AB's you should call the company you received it from. It depends on their policy. They will most likely have you send the bulb back and they will send you the bulb you ordered.

Rock Anemone:D

rbaker
06/05/2003, 06:05 PM
You got ripped off... :D

IMO, the AB is a better bulb. I would call the place you got them from...

JMO,

Ryan

Rock Anemone
06/05/2003, 06:07 PM
Also, I forgot to add, I believe AB's are more then USHIO, so you're not getting your money's worth.

LanT
06/05/2003, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys, now i'm really mad. These guys not only provide bad service, but they also tried to rip me off. Two of my items are back ordered, so i have to wait another week. My parabola was all bent and stuff, messed up tracking number, but them trying to fool me for a crapier bulb is the last straw.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

bdr127
06/05/2003, 06:43 PM
Out of curiosity, who did you buy from?

LanT
06/05/2003, 06:56 PM
Got it from Champion Lighting. I'm not saying this is a bad company, this may just be an isolated incident. I sent them an e-mail complaining. Hope they give me a good answer instead of the 1-2 word replies they've been givin me.

maximus89
06/05/2003, 06:57 PM
I would definately make sure the bulb is brand new. I ordered a

bulb from m.d. and it was in the wrong box they must by bulk

My ab was in a 13000 k box I was ****ed but when i opened the

box it was a brand new 10k ab in a generic box. What I am sayin

is did you look right on the lamp itself?

intheband
06/05/2003, 07:06 PM
ive used both ushio and AB in a 175w bulb-they are nearly identicle in that wattage-and i actually prefer and stuck with ushios.i think they are a little brighter too.

fwiw-in a 250w bulb -the ab looks better ,in a 400w the ushio is better..,but like i said -in a 175 -theres practically no difference at all..

jmo:)

justletmein
06/05/2003, 07:15 PM
If you search on Champion Lighting you'll find some interesting reading ;)

Your experience with them mirrors mine.

LanT
06/05/2003, 07:48 PM
I think Champion Lighting only deal with other online stores, thats why they can't provide individual service. I bought some stuff on ereeftank.com on the same day as stuff from CL. I got the ereeftank stuff first, even though ereeftank buys from CL then CL just ships it to me direct. Ereeftank also provides better tracking, and answers your questions real quickly.

maximus89
06/05/2003, 08:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LanT
I bought a 175w, 10,000k AB for 59.90 but instead i got a Ushio. Did i get the better bulb, or did i get ripped of. TIA> [/QUOTE

What kind of ballast you running them on or plan to run the ab

on? There almost identical bulbs some swear the ab is just a

little bluer. But you know if you line up ten bulbs on ten diff.

balls. they would be slightly different to one another. So go

figure I think the guys were taughting a little there! But if they

sent you the wrong bulb are they disputing the claim. Insist on

gettiing a new one and run that one till you get it or if poss..

keep that one too.

LanT
06/05/2003, 08:51 PM
Im running on an E-ballast. I will probably keep this bulb, but i told them they sent me the wrong bulb anyway because i don't like their customer service.

LanT
06/11/2003, 02:42 PM
Still waiting for the B/O items. Been about 2 weeks. No tracking number, so i don't even know when to look for it, and they don't answer my emails, so im basically waiting in the dark.:sad1: and:furious:

ReefHobbyist
06/11/2003, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Rock Anemone
Also, I forgot to add, I believe AB's are more then USHIO, so you're not getting your money's worth.

Maybe it depends on where you buy them, but Premium Aquatics sells the AB for $10 less than the Ushio.

Scott

Flanders
06/11/2003, 03:41 PM
Ushios usually cost more. In the 175 watt size, the ushio is the better bulb, IMO. There was also large bad batch of AB's recently.