PDA

View Full Version : should I worry about my ph or not ??

Ozzy
06/05/2003, 11:34 AM
Hello again RC
I have been having a problem with my ph because of Co2 in my apartment,so what I have done now for the past couple of weeks is pipe in some fresh air into my tank along with a steady kalk drip 24/7.when I started dripping the kalk I cut my B-Ionic in half and I have now stopped dossing with it at all because my cal and alk are to high...
cal @ 475
alk @ 12.5
ph in the am @ 7.7 and @ 8.0 in the pm
my corals are not openning and I feel that is because of the high cal and alk ????
I would like to see a higher ph of like 8.1-8.2 but am I just going after numbers now or do you all feel my ph is ok ???
thanks

NMREEFMAN
06/05/2003, 11:39 AM
I would say your PH needs to come up a little. You'll get some more responses I'm sure.

Phillip

Ozzy
06/05/2003, 11:44 AM
thats kinda what I was thinking,I cant understand why it is still so low,I pipe in fresh and and drip kalk and still have a lower ph ??? does that seem odd or what ??

Kevomac
06/05/2003, 11:48 AM
Have you verified the accuracy of your test results? Take some water to your LFS and have them doublecheck the ph at least. a low ph like that can burn corals. I had a ph crash once that killed some of my best shrooms.

Ozzy
06/05/2003, 04:57 PM
no I have not,but I do test with Salifert kits