PDA

View Full Version : Plans for new 120

djaz0503
06/05/2003, 08:38 AM
I'm in the process of planning a new 120 gallon setup. I plan on running a pretty decent size sump in the stand. What I'm looking for are some references of people who do custom sumps and are reliable. I've found a few people on RC that I'm going to contact but since not everyone is listed I'd like for you guys to help me out. Below are listed two guys that I've found that do custom sumps. Thanks for you help, Dave.

http://barraquatic.com/index.html
http://www.melevsreef.com/

lilbuddy
06/05/2003, 09:07 AM
where in nc are you? what kind of sump are you looking for? I know a guy that can build you a acrylic sump in durham.

djaz0503
06/05/2003, 09:11 AM
I live in Cary and work in Durham. I went to Triangle Tropical Fish yesterday and asked them if they new anyone that would do custom sumps. She told me there's a local guy but he's a little pricey. Who did you have in mind?

Nanook
06/05/2003, 09:13 AM
What I'm looking for are some references of people who do custom sumps and are reliable.

I think Jeff at Lifereef is hard to beat. His lead time is always a few months though, because he is a one man show. His acrylic work is exceptional, as is his customer service.

www.lifereef.com

Nanook

lilbuddy
06/05/2003, 09:16 AM
I live right around the corner from TTF. You probably talked to Jane at TTF she wouldnt know this guy Im talking about. He and I work for the same company. I really dont know what you are looking for but to give you a idea He built a grow out tank that is probably about 50-60 gallons for bluecheese <----rc member for about 45-55 bucks. He is probably going to build me a new sump I think for about 20-30 bucks. PM me if you want his email address. His name is Charlie. Also reelheel has been to his house and seen his work.

minfinger
06/05/2003, 09:22 AM
There's a guy in Charlotte, Brian Ferguson...He's like the Acrylic GOD to the NC Frag Group! I've been to his house, with the exception of the Rubbermaid Stock tanks and his 75 or 90 Gallon Deep Sand bed tank. He hand built everything for his 400G system, including the tank! I think it's 1" acrylic, maybe 3/4", but it's top quality stuff. He also does CRs, skimmers, and just about anything else you need. He also gives regular online course on how to build acrylic things, CRs, Skimmers, etc. Nice guy too....check into the NCFRAG group on the Yahoo Groups, ask for Brian.

Mike
Founder
www.charlestonreefers.org

djaz0503
06/05/2003, 09:58 AM
minfinger

I've seen some of the skimmers Brian Feruson built and I have to say thats some nice craftsmanship. There was a meeting in Raleigh, NC a few months ago and a couple guys brought a few of his skimmers to show and sell. I'm going to check out this yahoo group and see if I can get in contact with him. Thanks for the tip.